on 11 December 2003
Its not really a book. You get three post cards, the first one has friendly noises, so yes, no please and thank you, as well as useful words, such as "toilet," that one was so useful this book nearly got 5 stars.
The second postcard is "out and about" and has lots of useful words that when added to those on card one, you can make short simple sentences and be understood. All the Spanish words are writen as they would be pronounced in English making it easy to be brave and speak out.
The third post card is a menu card. It has a list of things that you will see on a menu and its English translation. As a vegetarian I found this one useful as the last thing I needed was a plate of somthing that I won't eat.
The cards look good, so you don't feel like a fool juggling a phrase book. My only problem was shuffling the cards around to make up my sentences as I needed a bit of each card to get what I wanted.
Mind you, I almost got by in Spanish
on 1 February 2010
Speak spanish like a local. 3 helpful cards that are much handier to use than the traditional phrase book. The pronunciation guide was very helpful but the best was the one for getting directions i couldn't understand the answers from the locals but there was a translation for the phrase "could you point" so helpful in so many situations for the independant traveller... Going to france this year so getting a french one now.
on 30 June 2013
This is bascially a small leaflet with a few useful words and phrases in spanish which will help you to get by, but really you need a phrase book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse