4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little booklet
Published on 11 Dec. 2007 by Irene Gabellone

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many plugs for one particular supplier
I purchased this book to give my children (ages 7 and 8) and I some ideas on things to make with marzipan. The designs in the book are a little difficult for them at present. I found more value in just looking at the photos of marzipan creations brought up by doing a google search.
Published on 19 Oct. 2009 by Richard

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little booklet, 11 Dec. 2007
Irene Gabellone "Eneri" (Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marzipan Magic: Animal Modelling Made Easy (Paperback)
Frogs, cows, bunnies, ducks, kittens, cats, hedgehogs... Very detailed instuctions on making the caracters but do not expect suggestions on actual cake making (the title is clear after all!!) use of modelling tools explained clearly. 4 examples of finished cakes using some of the caracthers so once instructions are given on how to make the caracter itself let your imagination take advantage to create beautiful and sweet cakes. It's a good starting point for modelling. Recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference Book, 12 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Marzipan Magic: Animal Modelling Made Easy (Paperback)
I make cakes for a living and own all of Maisie's books. This is a little paperback which I find a great reference source if I just need to pop a few cows or a cheeky sheep or duck on a cake. Recommended one for the book shelf which will come in handy for years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Marzipan Magic is just that!!, 2 April 2009
Amazon Customer (St.Helens England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marzipan Magic: Animal Modelling Made Easy (Paperback)
I am new to cake decorating due to my little boy having an allergy to milk i can only use powdered,sterilized or dairy free ingredients and he cannot have shop bought cakes and biscuits. he is only 3 years old and i have to make him a birthday cake in August. I bought this book because of the price and modelling ideas. I made my own marzipan first time and the results were drastic, however i added more almond to the mix and i was astonished at how easy the book was to follow and the end result quite impressive for a novice. it has inspired me to purchase more books and i even found the fireman sam cake my son had asked for but this book has definately earned its place on my cook book shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marzipan Magic, 30 Jan. 2010
Mrs. L. Ramsey (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marzipan Magic: Animal Modelling Made Easy (Paperback)
EXCELLENT book for for the beginner and the more experienced. Easy to follow, beautifully illustrated. Some lovely ideas which you can also mix and match for different celebrations. Small book containing everything you need to know - doesn't take up any valuable kitchen space! 11 out of 10 !

5.0 out of 5 stars Marzipan Magic, 8 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Marzipan Magic: Animal Modelling Made Easy (Paperback)
Lovely models, easy for beginners and more advanced. Pity that the book does not point out that Sugar Fondant can be used just as well as Marzipan. I would recommend this book to anyone wanting to start modelling for cakes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many plugs for one particular supplier, 19 Oct. 2009
Richard (Twickenham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marzipan Magic: Animal Modelling Made Easy (Paperback)
One of the things that iritated me about the book was the frequent plugs for one particular supplier. It made me question the impartiality of the author.
It's also quite a small book. I was expecting something a little larger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and easy, 21 Jan. 2009
Ms. E. Allion "Just a girl" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marzipan Magic: Animal Modelling Made Easy (Paperback)
It is a very straightforward book. Nice and easy to follow. Great to use with kids too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Marzipan Magic, not so good, 30 Mar. 2010
N. J. Clark (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Marzipan Magic: Animal Modelling Made Easy (Paperback)
I bought an item on Amazon and this popped up as a requently bought item. I usually look at the reviews before buying but on this occasion the cover caught my eye so I went with it.

Very very disappointed. The book is very small, there is a lot of written instruction but not a lot to go on for making the animals. There is also a huge amount of other equipment plugged in the book and used so you can't really just get on with the modelling either.

I wouldn't recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 16 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Marzipan Magic: Animal Modelling Made Easy (Paperback)
easy to follow instructions with really good results I have made several cakes with animals on and I would recommend this book to anybody

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Marzipan Magic: Animal Modelling Made Easy (Paperback)
Great book, enjoyed it from cover to cover. So much to see and make, just what I needed in my collection

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Marzipan Magic: Animal Modelling Made Easy
Marzipan Magic: Animal Modelling Made Easy by Maisie Parrish (Paperback - 30 Oct. 2003)