on 17 March 2012
The north south spur of the TPT runs near to my home and I bought the map with a view to exploring the trail. I was curious to know how the trail wended its way through some of the previously more industrial areas of Sheffield and I followed it between Beighton and Darnall.

The walk surprised me. It was interesting and pleasant. The route was well signposted and the map was helpful. The map divides the route into sections with more detailed parts magnified in boxes. At first glance the format seemed a bit odd and schematic but I soon saw the merit in it being set out in this way.

There are couple of words of warning. Although depicting the route very well the map does not appear to be to a scale. At the approach to Bowden Housteads Wood from "Handsworth" the signs have been removed or sprayed over by vandals. The map seems to imply you travel straight on into the woods once you have crossed the Sheffield Parkway.(In fact the woods which are quiet extensive are barely depicted on the map). The signpost at the other side of the bridge appears to have been removed. In fact you need to bear on the left hand path and follow it around.The map implies down the steps and straight on. Luckily I had an OS Explorer map with me at the time and this shows the route.

So yes...I would recommend that you buy this item because it is generally good for depicting the details of the route. I would however recommend that you have an OS Explorer map to hand as back up.
on 4 March 2016
Bought two different ones of these from Old Moor on the route.

Unbelievably it is just a £6 sheet of paper with a series of what I can only describe as cartoon drawings like from a children's book, rather than an actual map!

This one is the better of the two, as at least it's just one cartoon, rather than a series of them on the other one.

I cannot believe that there is such a fantastic thing as the trans pennine trail yet it's almost like the guardians of it like to keep it secret by not releasing any maps for it!

Woeful
on 20 July 2015
Excellent mapping. Pity it took so long to get here. But I'm happy thanks.
on 7 January 2015
Great quality, all you could possibly need, right here!
on 30 July 2014
Good just what we needed to see we're we going
on 4 April 2015
Arrived on time. With thanks.