on 8 December 2010
I bought this book for my english fiance (yes I am greek cypriot) as she wanted to learn how to cook the stuff she had tried on our holiday to Cyprus this year, and that my mum here in the UK makes for us every sunday. It is well thought out, pictures are great and the majority of the recipes are easy to follow and taste really authentically Cypriot (I'm not so sure about the Lamb brain soup though)I highly recommend this book to anyone as there is a distinct lack of Cypriot cookery books on the market, there are many Greek cookbooks but the flavours are so different and more intense than the Greece greek recipes.
Who knows, I may even write a Cypriot Cookbook myself, drawing on the wealth of knowledge gained over the years from my mum and aunts.
on 24 February 2013
I bought this book years ago but I no longer had it. I tried looking for it for AGES but it was out of print; a google search found loads that were used but were asking ridiculous prices as it was an out of print book. I couldn't believe my luck when I found it brand new and at a bargain price. Thank you so much Julia Chrysanthou for reprinting this again.

If you ever loved Greek (cypriot) food this book is everything you could ask for. It has everything you could possibly imagine plus more. The instructions are clear and concise, the photos are lovely and the recipes are out of this world.
on 8 April 2013
My mother when she was alive bless her was an amazing cook, I was visiting Cyprus where my mum was born and I happened to say to an Aunt I was staying with how much I missed her amazing home cooked Cypriot food!! The day I left to return to th Uk my Aunt gave me a copy of this book as a parting gift, amazing !! my home cooked food was never as good as mums but kids loved it!!
My son "borrowed" my copy when he went off to uni he graduated 6 yrs ago and everytime I visit him iask for it back but get "oh dad I got friends coming round for dinner I need it" So I bought myself another 3 copies one for myself and one each for my other 2
kids
Easy beautiful home cooked food I would recommend this book to anyone
on 3 February 2016
Every single recipe that I have cooked from this book turned out amazing!!!! Even had compliments that my cooking was better than my grans and that alone is a massive compliment considering my gran lives in a village in Cyprus and is one of the best cooks alive!!!!
on 3 February 2014
Thanks for t his lovely book. It's just what I've been looking for (I was worried - since I couldn't flick through the pages - that it would lack tradition or come from Greece rather than Cyprus. I bought this as a present and now I think I'll get one for myself! :)
on 8 May 2016
What an excellent book. I would like to congratulate Julia for recording her recipes. I come from a Greek Cypriot family and it is good to be able to recreate the meals that I had growing up. I have tried quite a few of the recipes and the WORK. The sagopitta is a big hit with my husband and now I have to make large batches for the freezer.

I have tried for years to make Koubes and ended up with a greasy mess. The recipes in the book work very well and first attempt success!
on 15 January 2014
I had had a traditional Cypriot cook book fro many years with not pictures. I found this book online and have not looked back. I had forgotten about many of the recipes. Cooked up a feast over Christmas and loved it
on 9 August 2014
My Grandmother was Greek Cypriot and my Grandfather was Welsh. They met when my Grandfather was based in Cyprus whilst he was in the army. They came to Wales when my mother was 4 years old.

I loved the sweet treats Granny made for us. Sadly my Grandmother passed away when I was 15 yrs old and unfortunately I never knew what the treats she baked were called or how to make them. My mother hadn't shown an interest and so didn't know either. I'm now 43 yrs old and finally decided to do something about it. I started googling and found online the treats my Granny made. I'm certain of one which was Kourabiedes although the one my Grandmother made is slightly different to the ones in this fabulous book. The other one I remember her making, I think is similar to Tsoureki but I don't think I've found the exact recipe that she used.

After googling those particular recipes it ignited my interest in Greek Cypriot cooking and so decided to look on Amazon for a recipe book specialising in Greek Cypriot cooking. I came across this wonderful book and was impressed by the reviews left by others.

My book arrived today and I love it. I've already made my first recipe, although I started simply with Kotopoulo Pilaf but I'm confident I will attempt many of the recipes in the book. As mentioned by other reviewers, it was particularly touching to receive a personal note from the author, which I have taped to the inside front cover so that I always have it with the book.

I highly recommend this book and think it is a wonderful addition to anyone's kitchen if you have an interest in food, Greek Cypriot or otherwise.
on 22 May 2014
This book has brought back many memories of dishes my mother used to cook. Its not easy finding good cypriot cook books but this is just what I was looking for. It has many of the dishes I grew up with and many of which I have yet to try. Cypriot food I find very comforting and always reminds me of being back in Cyprus. Its easy, simple food and also much underrated in my biased opinion. If your new to cypriot food or wanting to try it for the first time, this book is for you. Buy it. You won't be disappointed.
on 11 December 2014
i was recommended to try this book by an old friend of mine, who is of Asian descent but used to eat Cypriot food cooked by my mum when we were kids. He knew i'd always longed for a recipe book that would help me re-create the dishes i'd grown up with such as Macaronia Tou Fournou, Koubebya, Bizeli etc. Well i trusted his judgement, and boy i'm so glad i did!
This recipe book is the essential buy for any 2nd generation Greek Cypriot born over here to Cypriot parents, who may not have paid attention to the way their mums cooked their old favourite foods. I've so far tried the recipes for MDF, Koubebya, Bizeli, Afko Lemono, and a couple of others, and they've all turned out absolutely spot on in terms of flavour and appearance.
I was a little bit concerned by the amount of oil used in some of them, but once cooked realised this amount to be essential to the authenticity of the dish.
A great book, which is an absolute must for your kitchen.
Bravo ladies!