Format: PaperbackChange

on 23 October 2014
Neil's dad seems to have got most of his sons quotes from interviews in music papers , I have read nearly all these before, did he really know his son? If I was writing about my kids life, I would hope I didn't have to rely on things they said to other people for my testimony. But the book had some interesting stuff, a few insights. Dad seemed to big up his influence over Neil's music though, I don't think he had much input really. It came across that Neil seemed to be kind to his parent, which was nice.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 September 2014
Written by Neil,s Dad - one might think that this would be an absolute gold mine of information about the real Neil Young, unfortunately as they were (a) living thousands of miles apart, (b) did not communicate as often as the readers would like - or are told. Despite this, this is an essential purchase for any serious Neil Young fan. Essential, but necessarily flawed.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 March 2009
This book was a present for my husband who is a big fan. He read it from front to back cover and back again!
0Comment4 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse