5.0 out of 5 stars This is the definitive muffin book
Published on 27 July 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to make muffins!
I bought this when I started to learn how to bake. I'm an experienced cook of savoury dishes but I don't do much baking because I don't like measuring ingredients. You still have to measure ingredients but the author explains how you can also adapt them to your taste and how the changes will affect them. For example, what happens if you use less sugar? I even learned the...
Published on 4 Sep 2009 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the definitive muffin book, 27 July 2000
By A Customer
Susan Reimer's 'Muffins Fast and Fantastic' is the only book you will ever need to make perfect muffins. It gives a brief history of the muffin and breaks down the ingredients with advice on alternatives to cater for specific diets. The first basic recipe can be experimented with but there are some wonderful, practical recipes for both sweet and savoury muffins to suit all tastes. The book itself is inexpensive, sturdy for use in the kitchen and, what's more, all the recipes are in Imperial measures and easy to follow. If you want to become a master muffin maker - look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy and very adaptable for allergy-free diets, 5 Dec 2002
By A Customer
I've had absolutely no disasters with any of the recipes in this book. Every single one has been excellent. Best of all, Susan Reimer includes details on how to adapt the recipes for people with food allergies. Following her instructions, I've even produced muffins free from wheat, gluten, milk and eggs that have been fantastic! Wholeheartedly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muffintastic!, 22 Sep 2005
This book may look small but its an excellent and well written little number. Not only have I cooked every recipe but it has also inspired me to experiment with flavours that I have made up. Its so simple and easy to read and as yet, no disasters to report. The children are delighted that I am making muffins bigger and better than the local bakery. I am thrilled that not only are they a quarter of the price but I know exactly what ingredients go into each one.
Buy this book, its money well spent. The only thing that will suffer is your waistband!

5.0 out of 5 stars never fail muffins, 6 May 2001
By A Customer
Having been a disaster when it comes to anything involving flour I could not believe it when I opened the oven to find perfect looking muffins, still unconvinced I thought that surely they must taste awful then! But no, they tasted superb, the whole family love them. Such an easy book to follow, no kitchen should be without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy, step-by-step guide to baking the perfect muffin!, 24 Sep 2000
By A Customer
Never having baked a muffin in my life I was prepared for a disaster - but no - excellent results every time! Family and friends are hooked. Susan's muffins even have that 'just-baked' taste, texture and freshness the following day (unlike Delia's which can only be eaten fresh from the oven, I am told!). Go on, buy a copy and try out these delicious recipes - you can't fail!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely delicious, 12 July 2005
Absolutely delicious muffins every time. The directions are very easy to follow and even those with a busy schedule can find the time to whip up fresh muffins. It's a toss up as to whether the Apple Spice or Iced Carrot Muffins are the favourite of my family and friends. But all are great. I have introduced a friend to this recipe book and am now purchasing another copy as a gift for my teenage nephew, a budding chef. If you like fresh muffins, this book is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 Nov 2006
I loved this book. Not only are there plenty of great recipes but this book was written for people in the UK to use so there is a lot of information on measuring in cups and the best ingredients to use which I found really useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muffin Magic, 5 Feb 2004
This is one of the best cake making books ever. Everyone will enjoy them because they are so fool proof. You will have no disasters. ( I haven't )..
I make them for the children to put in their lunch boxes etc.. and they always take extra for their friends.
The pictures are a good indication of what they should look like and the instructions are brilliant. This is by far the best one. The only bad thing is you will loosen your waist band..Good luck..

5.0 out of 5 stars Super little book., 7 Mar 2005
By A Customer
This little book is great! The muffins are wonderful, I've tried many of the recipes, the Ginger muffins are gorgeous, the chocolate muffins (I add far more chocolate than listed and um um um! delish!) are to die for, the banana muffins with or without nuts are divine, the christmas mincemeat muffins are lovely, as are cranberry, orange, carrot, apple and spice etc muffins.
The method is simple and produces repeatedly fantastic results - I get lynched these days if I turn up at friend's houses without muffins! Heck, I even baked muffins for my wedding "cake" and they disappeared so quickly! Just remember not to over stir the batter, preheat the oven (even with ovens that say you don't need to!), and ALWAYS sift the flour for the lightest muffins!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!!!, 26 May 2004
What a book!
There is not one muffin in this book that I don't want to try and make - they all look so good.
There is a excellent selection of sweet and savoury muffins to make. The instructions are really easy to follow, you cannot go wrong.
I always had disasters making Muffins until I bought this book - perfect every time!!

Muffins Fast and Fantastic
Muffins Fast and Fantastic by Susan Reimer (Paperback - Jun 2008)