5.0 out of 5 stars This is the definitive muffin book
Published on 27 July 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to make muffins!
I bought this when I started to learn how to bake. I'm an experienced cook of savoury dishes but I don't do much baking because I don't like measuring ingredients. You still have to measure ingredients but the author explains how you can also adapt them to your taste and how the changes will affect them. For example, what happens if you use less sugar? I even learned the...
Published on 4 Sept. 2009 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the definitive muffin book, 27 July 2000
By A Customer
Susan Reimer's 'Muffins Fast and Fantastic' is the only book you will ever need to make perfect muffins. It gives a brief history of the muffin and breaks down the ingredients with advice on alternatives to cater for specific diets. The first basic recipe can be experimented with but there are some wonderful, practical recipes for both sweet and savoury muffins to suit all tastes. The book itself is inexpensive, sturdy for use in the kitchen and, what's more, all the recipes are in Imperial measures and easy to follow. If you want to become a master muffin maker - look no further.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy and very adaptable for allergy-free diets, 5 Dec. 2002
This review is from: Muffins Fast and Fantastic (Paperback)
I've had absolutely no disasters with any of the recipes in this book. Every single one has been excellent. Best of all, Susan Reimer includes details on how to adapt the recipes for people with food allergies. Following her instructions, I've even produced muffins free from wheat, gluten, milk and eggs that have been fantastic! Wholeheartedly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muffintastic!, 22 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Muffins Fast and Fantastic (Paperback)
This book may look small but its an excellent and well written little number. Not only have I cooked every recipe but it has also inspired me to experiment with flavours that I have made up. Its so simple and easy to read and as yet, no disasters to report. The children are delighted that I am making muffins bigger and better than the local bakery. I am thrilled that not only are they a quarter of the price but I know exactly what ingredients go into each one.
Buy this book, its money well spent. The only thing that will suffer is your waistband!

5.0 out of 5 stars never fail muffins, 6 May 2001
By A Customer
Having been a disaster when it comes to anything involving flour I could not believe it when I opened the oven to find perfect looking muffins, still unconvinced I thought that surely they must taste awful then! But no, they tasted superb, the whole family love them. Such an easy book to follow, no kitchen should be without it!

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy, step-by-step guide to baking the perfect muffin!, 24 Sept. 2000
By A Customer
Never having baked a muffin in my life I was prepared for a disaster - but no - excellent results every time! Family and friends are hooked. Susan's muffins even have that 'just-baked' taste, texture and freshness the following day (unlike Delia's which can only be eaten fresh from the oven, I am told!). Go on, buy a copy and try out these delicious recipes - you can't fail!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely delicious, 12 July 2005
This review is from: Muffins Fast and Fantastic (Paperback)
Absolutely delicious muffins every time. The directions are very easy to follow and even those with a busy schedule can find the time to whip up fresh muffins. It's a toss up as to whether the Apple Spice or Iced Carrot Muffins are the favourite of my family and friends. But all are great. I have introduced a friend to this recipe book and am now purchasing another copy as a gift for my teenage nephew, a budding chef. If you like fresh muffins, this book is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Muffins Fast and Fantastic (Paperback)
I loved this book. Not only are there plenty of great recipes but this book was written for people in the UK to use so there is a lot of information on measuring in cups and the best ingredients to use which I found really useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Muffin Magic, 5 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Muffins Fast and Fantastic (Paperback)
This is one of the best cake making books ever. Everyone will enjoy them because they are so fool proof. You will have no disasters. ( I haven't )..
I make them for the children to put in their lunch boxes etc.. and they always take extra for their friends.
The pictures are a good indication of what they should look like and the instructions are brilliant. This is by far the best one. The only bad thing is you will loosen your waist band..Good luck..

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin (well cover!!), 10 Sept. 2010
D. Keelan (Derbyshire, England) - See all my reviews
I wanted a muffin cookbook that would give a good mixture of recipes without US measurements and strange ingredients; this delivered on all levels. It's excellent value for money - it has some lovely basic recipes and includes all the muffin recipes you expect(chocolate, berry etc) through to some lovely healthly ones, some more unusual ones( cranberry, mincemeat, gingerbread or pineapple & coconut) and some savoury ones(cheese, pumpkin).

I read some of the reviews and some were critical about the lack of savoury recipes, however for us, the popular muffins are the sweet ones anyway! At least in this one you can make a healthlier version or get some extra fruit and veg into the kids! (courgette & chocolate - bizarre but works! Yogurt Oatmeal Berry Muffins also were a big hit as were the banana ones as they had chocolate in!)

What I liked best was the guidance about using the recipes; like altering the sugar according to taste so you can reduce the sugar content. What to do if have self raising flour not plain as the recipes states. What to do if you don't have buttermilk or natural yoghurt - how to use milk (any milk seems to work- I've used skimmed as well as semi skimmed) to get the same effect. There are also other suggestions on tweaking the recipe with different fillings or toppings. As well as storage and reheating instructions.

I found this book a really good source of all things muffin related - fab! Anyone who likes baking should have this is their kitchen!For perfect muffins every time - effortlessly, this does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super little book., 7 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Muffins Fast and Fantastic (Paperback)
This little book is great! The muffins are wonderful, I've tried many of the recipes, the Ginger muffins are gorgeous, the chocolate muffins (I add far more chocolate than listed and um um um! delish!) are to die for, the banana muffins with or without nuts are divine, the christmas mincemeat muffins are lovely, as are cranberry, orange, carrot, apple and spice etc muffins.
The method is simple and produces repeatedly fantastic results - I get lynched these days if I turn up at friend's houses without muffins! Heck, I even baked muffins for my wedding "cake" and they disappeared so quickly! Just remember not to over stir the batter, preheat the oven (even with ovens that say you don't need to!), and ALWAYS sift the flour for the lightest muffins!

Muffins Fast and Fantastic
Muffins Fast and Fantastic by Susan Reimer (Paperback - 15 Jun. 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01