5.0 out of 5 stars A unique book and a brilliant series, 10 April 2013
This review is from: High-level Everyday English with Free CD: A Self-study Method of Learning English Vocabulary for High-level Students (Practical Everyday English) (Paperback)
I have read the other two books in the series. All quite excellent. But this one is my favourite. I don't think I have read an English study book like this before. It's amazing. The writer has managed to get into the mind of us foreigner students. He writes things we don't know...and we need to know...and he hasn't included things we don't need to know. Not many English teaching books do this. Also, some of the examples are very funny and politically incorrect. I am laughing and studying at the same time. Probably too many football and British politics examples...but that's OK. It's the English which is important. I hear these expressions every day in my job in London. I should say that this book is very advanced English vocabulary and you need to study the other two first. You will need a lot of time to study them properly. Don't hurry. There are no other books like this series for advanced students of English. Really incredible!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Valuable Book!, 22 Dec 2013
Ernesto H. Simon "Ernesto Simon" (Monroe, NY) - See all my reviews
Whoever uses the series Practical / Advanced / High-Level Everyday English has the one and only choice: either to learn or to learn. Apart from the clear explanations and examples of every one of the words or phrases, as well as the dialogs and the exercises, there is a lot of repetition: when learning a new word or phrase, another one that has already been learned is recalled. Needless to say, this only helps students memorize what they have been studying; it could hardly be more effective! Although the book is intended to be used by British ESL students, given that the vast majority of the words and phrases are used by either British or American English speakers, someone learning American English will find this book very useful too. In other words, this series is virtually a must for whomever wants to speak English fluently. Ernesto Simon, ESL Teacher

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 7 Mar 2013
I recommend this book who wants to practise everyday English..up to me studying the usage of the new -learned vocabulary is another method to keep the word in mind properly ,this opportunity can be found in that perfect book..

ARRAY(0xa6f669b4)