5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Valuable Book!
Published 14 months ago by Ernesto H. Simon

1.0 out of 5 stars Not to my expectation
This book was not for me, I had to return straight away. However, this book may be good for others.
Published 23 months ago by Y. Dahelvy

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Valuable Book!, 22 Dec. 2013
Ernesto H. Simon "Ernesto Simon" (Monroe, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Advanced Everyday English : A Self-Study Method of Learning English Vocabulary for Advanced Students (Paperback)
Whoever uses the series Practical / Advanced / High-Level Everyday English has the one and only choice: either to learn or to learn. Apart from the clear explanations and examples of every one of the words or phrases, as well as the dialogs and the exercises, there is a lot of repetition: when learning a new word or phrase, another one that has already been learned is recalled. Needless to say, this only helps students memorize what they have been studying; it could hardly be more effective! Although the book is intended to be used by British ESL students, given that the vast majority of the words and phrases are used by either British or American English speakers, someone learning American English will find this book very useful too. In other words, this series is virtually a must for whomever wants to speak English fluently. Ernesto Simon, ESL Teacher

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 8 Dec. 2011
This book is so good. Just like the first one. I am Spanish and have lived in the UK for many years. I think my English is OK, but there are still many things I miss when people talk or I know a word but I'm not sure how to use it. This book is much better than a dictionary and the CD is brilliant. Practical Everyday English (the first book) and this one are the best vocabulary books for advanced students that I have read. Fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars The book is great! If you want to improve your English at ..., 6 Dec. 2014
The book is great! If you want to improve your English at home, you definitely must have it. Good for the foreigners

5.0 out of 5 stars Best self-study book for advanced students, 5 Jan. 2012
I agree with the reviewer Milagrosa what she says about this book. It's fantastic. I have read so many self-study English grammar and vocabulary books. Some of them are very good, others not so good or boring. This book is the best. Definitely. It's so different from anything I have studied before. It contains so many words and expressions I hear all the time and then forget to look for later in the dictionary. But the dictionary doesn't always help anyway. Maybe the meaning is clear but with only one example which often leaves me confused. But when I read this book I feel so happy that now I understand something I have heard people use a lot (I am studying at university in the UK). This book is not for beginners or even intermediate students. Maybe upper intermediate good enough, but especially for advanced students. We still need help at this level...and this book really does help. I sometimes get depressed about my English and think why does it get more difficult the more I learn? There are so many words and ways of saying something in English. This book and the very useful CD will not solve all your problems. Of course not. But it is a truly great book. (Now I think I must buy the first book. I suppose this must be good too.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 27 Sept. 2014
M. A. Elgohary (Colchester, UK) - See all my reviews
A really good book for advanced learners of English!

5.0 out of 5 stars very useful, 30 Nov. 2013
i need to read it carefully because it seems to be quite hard , the vocabulary used is not something i have heard so far but that is why i have bought this book, to improve my english!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent, 20 Mar. 2013
Estelle Viljoen (England) - See all my reviews
I am still busy with the book: Practical everyday English but looking forward to the Advanced Everyday English book!! Thank you Steven.... Looking forward to take these two books back with me.... !

1.0 out of 5 stars Not to my expectation, 25 Mar. 2013