5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy, 4 Dec 2005
This review is from: Practical Everyday English: New Method of Learning Vocabulary for Intermediate and Advanced Students (Paperback)
I find Everyday English by Steve Collins absolutely amazing. It is astonishingly well designied tutorial of the language English people speak.
First of all the book contains hundreds of expresions that come in very handy in everyday life, thus it turns out to be a real treasure for everyone who fancy the language and is ambitious enough to have a go at communicating on a native speakers' level.
What is more, excelent examples are given to every single expression, which makes putting them into action significantly easier.
At last, but definitely not the least, since new idioms are consequently repeated throughout the book, memorising them becomes virtually effortless.
I am not a native speaker, and obviously I will never be, but having read the book I strongly believe that using the language in a way native speakers do is to a certain extent possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars If English is a foreign language for you, look no further!, 26 Feb 2006
José (Madrid, Spain) - See all my reviews
For Foreign English Speakers (students and and those who want to improve their skills without taking classes) this book should be advertised as one of those miraculous medicines that ensure a remedy for almost anything. This is my personal opinion and I am sure that once you have discovered it, you will agree. I had reached a point in which I felt “sick” and tired of being stuck despite my efforts, did not matter how much I spoke, how much I read, progress came very, very slow; well, here the solution was, it works!! you will get to the next stage with this book, with its expressions, with its method of teaching; It is simple and effective. I am sure that if you use it systematically even native speakers will be impressed by your progress!!

5.0 out of 5 stars From shy to outgoing, 3 Mar 2006
For those of you who wanted to talk English but couldn't because words did not come out, take this piece of advise: buy it. When I moved to England I knew "the basics" but I could not use it becuase I did not know when, how... I turned to a very shy guy. With this book everything got back in place (whithout dictionaries)... I could do presentations, enjoy the british culture itself. And everything while riding the tube, taking a bus or watching TV. You will improve by leaps and bounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book on idiomatic English I have ever read., 27 Jun 2000
By A Customer
The examples in this book helped me " get to grips with " every day idioms and phrasal verbs. Nearly all of them contain words or expressions that have been taught on earlier pages. This meant that I was continually reminded of the words I had studied and I now find it much easier to converse with English-speaking people. My comprehension of spoken English has improved dramatically.
I can't wait for the next book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book !, 14 Mar 2008
I find this book very useful because I was able to find the reasons why English people used some words which I did not understand at that time. When I read this book lot of things are explained in a simple language. As someone from Poland I find this book fantastic to use and learn English vacabulary and pharases from.

I will strongly recommend this book for someone from abroad who would like to learn English. Fantastic book.

The above review is the comment form my wonderful Polish friend to whom I suggested this book. I agree with her reviews. Its really a fantastic book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Everyday English, 31 Jan 2008
Mr. S. G. Grant (England) - See all my reviews
This is the best book ever written on English idioms, phrasal verbs and expressions. Every foreign student of English should read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars very handy, 4 Dec 2005
At last, but definitely not the least, since new expression are consequently repeated throughout the book, memorising them becomes virtually effortless.

Used & New from: 5.50