5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed
My husband bought me Kenwood KMix but there were only a handful of recipes included in the instructions. I searched Amazon and found this book. Even though it is really for the Kenwood Chef the majority of the recipes (apart from them requiring other attachments) can be used in the KMix and I was absolutely delighted with the book and have used several of the recipes.
Published on 1 Feb 2012 by Pat

3.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood Chef cookbook - not just for the mixer
Published on 4 Dec 2012 by Marand

3.0 out of 5 stars Kenwood Chef cookbook - not just for the mixer, 4 Dec 2012
Marand (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Making Great Food Simple:Kenwood (Paperback)
This cookbook comes as part of the package with Kenwood Chef machines (I don't think it is included with the Kmix). The early part of the book provides instructions on how to use the various mixing heads and attachments, giving advice on e.g. the speed to use for particular purposes. Most of the attachments, and there are lots, are not standard kit and need to be purchased separately. The basic instructions take up only a few pages, with the bulk of the book being recipes using one, or often more, of the heads/attachments.

The selection of recipes is very varied and probably only about half relate to bread, cake & pudding making. There are a fair few which make use of the liquidiser but others use only attachments that are available as extras such as the food processing unit which is not compatible with all Kenwood mixers. However the recipes will work just as well using a standalone food processor or by hard graft! At times I thought the suggestion to use a machine was overkill - one recipe called for one onion and one leek and yet it was suggested that you use the food processor. Given that you have to clean and trim the veg anyway it would have taken more time to set up the equipment than to finish the slicing but I suppose its meant to show what you can do with the machine. Similarly the machine is used to grate a small quantity of Parmesan in a recipe for polenta verde with a mushroom & tomato salsa where there is otherwise no need to get out and set up the Chef!

As a recipe book though there are some good ideas and the recipes I have tried have turned out well albeit in one (a gorgeous tiramisu gateau) I don't have the skill to cut a thinnish cake into three layers so cut it into two and made another batch of cake mix. Recipes include smoked haddock roulade, pork, fennel & paprika sausages, twice-baked soufflés, cheese & chilli sticks, golden onion tart & gougere with wild mushrooms. There is a good selection of ice creams, fruit fools & mousses, plenty of sauces & dressings, several breads and lots of cakes & puddings although nothing unusual or that you wouldn't find in a general cookbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 1 Feb 2012
This review is from: Making Great Food Simple:Kenwood (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Making Great Food Simple: Kenwood.... a delicious book!, 25 Nov 2012
This review is from: Making Great Food Simple:Kenwood (Paperback)
A super book packed with easy-to-follow recipes. An absolute 'must' for owners of Kenwood Chef/Major. The recipes are endless and simple. Unfortunately I don't have all the accessories that are available with my KM Major Titanium thus unable to try many of the recipes in the book, but hope to buy at least 2 or 3 in the future! Weights are in kgs and lbs, oven temperature in celsius, farenheit and gas - no way you can go wrong. I have made two types of bread, pizzas, samosas, milkshakes, chocolate cakes and cookies, gnocchi. The book just makes you want to cook and my Ken gets down to work without a complaint. Superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixer processor blender bible; all the. Basics and much more, 10 Dec 2014
Bookie (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Making Great Food Simple:Kenwood (Paperback)
I bought this in 'good' used condition from Revival Books Ltd for 1p plus very reasonable p&p. Other than some very slight signs of wear at the corner edges, it looks like new, so I'm delighted with both condition and price.

As for content, it's a great handbook for anyone who has a multi function food mixer. It has all the basic quantities and recipes for mixers, blenders and processors capable of dealing with small to medium quantities. My Kenwood Prospero can handle up to 450g of flour for bread or cakes and the majority of recipes in this book are suitable.

I've owned a number of kitchen appliances over a lifetime of cooking. I have literally hundreds of cookery books, but this is one that I'm certain I'll use over and over again. It's an excellent reference for basic recipe quantities if unfamiliar with the capability of the appliance. It's clearly set out with instructions about the various 'bits'; food mixer, blender, processor, citrus press and explains the various blades and hat they produce. Ideal if you're new to home processors.

The stollen and doughnut recipes are so easy and almost infallible. The end results were summarily demolished...you may never buy ready made from the shop again once you've tasted the real home cooked version. I'm looking forward to trying the naan bread, choux pastry and corn fritter recipes...in all, this is an outstanding book. Lots of great basics, easily adapted so you can use your latest home appliance to full potential. Full price, this colourful 176pp paperback is £19.99. Seek a used copy for tops, £1.99 and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Making Great Food Simple, bought to go with my Kenwood A901 mixer., 10 Mar 2012
This review is from: Making Great Food Simple:Kenwood (Paperback)
We needed the recipe book for our Kenwood A901, which has been stored in the loft for some years. We used to make bread every day but then discovered that, because the bread was nice we, like the dough, were doubling in size!
However, we have returned the machine to service, but have lost the old book which had the "How to..." for bread making. Replacement books on the web seemed to have gained the status of lost art treasures with prices to suit (£40 for a tatty copy!) so we had all but given up when we found this on Amazon. Postage just under £3 book price 1p. It arrived wiyh a couple of marks on the outer cover wher it had got a tad too near the ingredients, nothing serious and the pages were as new. With the basic bread etc. recipies towards the back and specials in the main area, this is all you need if you have a Kenwood mixer.
At that price,how can they fail to impress? Go buy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so simple, 3 Aug 2012
Mrs. M. Carnall (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Making Great Food Simple:Kenwood (Paperback)
This book has some lovely recipes in it, but when I got the Kenwood Chef I was expecting a book which would give me some basic processes to help me use my own recipes. Why tell you how to make a great, but complicated cake when a simple cake recipe with which tool, what speed, when to add the ingredients, would have been so much easier to understand and adapt for any recipe? If you are looking for special occasion recipes to serve to your friends and family then this book is great. Kenwood need to supply a simpler book with the machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted!, 27 April 2012
This review is from: Making Great Food Simple:Kenwood (Paperback)
Lovely book and a great bargain - it was only 99p + p&p. I've just bought a Kenwood Prospero, and wanted a book that explained the use of the various attachments. Although this book isn't written for the Prospero, many of the attachments are the same. They have uses I would never have imagined! I didn't find anything particularly special in the recipe part of the book, but nevertheless I know it will be really useful to me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Simple Kenwood, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Making Great Food Simple:Kenwood (Paperback)
Bought a Prospero mixer and wanted to find out more about the mixer but this didn't help at all .

4.0 out of 5 stars So so, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Making Great Food Simple:Kenwood (Paperback)
Great service. Lots of good recipe ideas.Though you do need the whole kenwood set to utilise all the recipes, i only have the mixer

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum yum yum, 24 Nov 2012
Very quick delivery
The book is great and goes through all the different attachments you can buy, so no need to buy other books later on.
Just need Christmas to hurry up and get here now so I can officially unpack my new kenwood chef classic and get playing. Can't wait

Making Great Food Simple:Kenwood
Making Great Food Simple:Kenwood by Jennie Shapter (Paperback)
Used & New from: £0.01