4.0 out of 5 stars This book in a nutshell
I enjoyed the majority of this book but here are some points to note:

* David Icke references "And the Truth Shall Set You Free" so many times (up to 5 times a page) that you'd probably be better reading that first.

Published 18 months ago by Willie Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Certainly worth a read
Published on 7 Feb 2012 by Ecosurfer

4.0 out of 5 stars This book in a nutshell, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Biggest Secret: The Book That Will Change the World (Paperback)
I enjoyed the majority of this book but here are some points to note:

* There is a lot of reptile talk. If you like Conspiracy Theories but don't believe the reptilian angle then I'd probably avoid this. The book is amphibious from cover to cover!

* There is a lot of controversial stuff in there. Wonder why L**d McA***** is not taking legal action against Icke.

* It is a bit rambling at times.

Overall though I would recommend this book for anyone interested in reading about the World of Conspiracy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Biggest Secret just got out, 27 Sep 1999
By A Customer
I had only read one of David Ickes books prior to this one, and that had been the Truth Vibrations, way back in about 1992 and to be honest although I had enjoyed the book I hadn't really regarded him in the same light as the other " Spiritual books " circulating around at the time. I had my second spiritual awakening in 1996 and have read everything I could get my hands on since then, except, until now, another book by David Icke.
In his latest book David seems to turn the world upside down, nearly everything that I had ever believed in or not believed in was turned upside down and inside out. I would say that this is definitely not for the squeamish or feint of heart and you must have a very open mind to even be able to read this book, otherwise you will find yourself putting it away after the 2nd or 3rd chapter, which would be a great shame as you might get a lot out of it.
Overview
When I first looked inside the cover and saw a lot of facts and figures and references, I thought , "oh no I won't be able to read this book " but I was very wrong and I just couldn't put it down.
David starts off with a basic review of how we all came to be here on Planet Earth and then he launches into, as he says " the great myth " ie the story that has been sold to us of Jesus the Christ, of Mohammed, of Buddah and all the other mainstays of various religions, Jehovah and the Madonna. The main feature in all these stories being, the birth of Gods son to a Virgin mother. He explains how religions have been created and used to control us , the masses, for so long. His claims are astonishing , but the scariest thing, I find is, that he produces extremely good evidence to back up his claims.
The Reptiles
If you are going to throw your hands up in horror, now is the time, the information in this chapter is pretty unbelievable, but then again is it ? is it anymore unbelievable than the fact that the former US President George Bush is the principle drug runner in the US and a paedophile satanist ? or that the Queen of England is also a satanist and a shape shifting Reptile and that she had a hand in the ritual sacrifice of Princess Diana, in the Paris tunnel which is the exact site of an ancient place of sacrifice to the Goddess Diana ?
These are just a couple of the incredible statements that David Icke is making.
The History
David Charts the history of the way the Elites have controlled the masses from the beginnings of time via the Crusaders who later became the Knights Templars, through the inquisition and Rosicrusians and then the Freemasons, to name but a few of the secret societies, right up to the present day Bilderberg Group. He also shows us how the politicians and leaders of countries are all on the same side, even though they appear to be opposing each other. The main aim of this is to form a World Government, and also to have a World Army, hello Big Brother !!!
He tells us of bloodlines of the US Presidents,which link them to European Royalty and the likelihood of the one with the most Royal blood , becoming the next President. He tells us how the Elite families fund wars and supply arms to countries where they have created unrest and strife and then they lend more money for the rebuilding of the devastated cities, all the time furthering their control of the masses by the amount of debit the governments are forced to borrow , and the more interest the governments have to pay back the more money they take from you and I, so therefore we have to work more to just keep our heads afloat and don't have any time to stop and think and realize what is being done to us.
After you have read this and taken it in you will never see the news or any political activity in the same light again, it has certainly changed the way I look at the world. I hope you enjoy this book and can use the information in a postive way to enrichen your life.
Peace and Prosperity

3.0 out of 5 stars Certainly worth a read, 7 Feb 2012
If you only ever read one David Icke book this is the one you should read. A bit of a 'classic' now and the one that broke the reptile theory. Whether or not you believe all the reptile ideas is up to you but there is much more than that in the book and Icke certainly does his homework on the 'bigger picture'. Many of Icke's books have different levels, some of them quite mundane while others are a bit 'out there'. A book of the times, you might want to save a few pounds and get a second hand copy but still worth a read. Also a good book to start with if you want to see what Icke is about.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you care about humanity's betterment read this book, 3 May 1999
By A Customer
I have just finished reading David Icke's book The Biggest Secret. Oh! What a book!. If only a tiny part of this book is true then we the human race has been stumbling around this planet with our eyes closed for centuries or longer and worse still, few people seem to realize it.
Mr Icke's information is unrelentless. The sheer volume of information that is presented in this book overwhelmed me. From time to time I had to put the book down to catch my breath. I don't know where Mr Icke gets his information but it appears to hang together.
Mr Icke is unusual in that he is clearly outraged at how human beings have been consistently and negatively influenced and by how we still permit the same today. I like knowing he is outraged. A few times throughout the book I too felt outraged. Unlike most of us he feels outraged enough to do something about the world situation as he sees it. He gives names, places, dates, characteristics and trends throughout this book.
I am not in a position to comment on the factual accuracy of Mr Icke's information but again, if it is only partly true, we the human species, are and have been pretty stupid.
Unusually, there is a warning in the front of the book. If you have a problem with your current belief system being challenged then you are not ready for this book. If, like me, you feel that humanity has allowed their best characteristics to be consistently under-emphasised by teachers, governments, religion, Hollywood, books, television then this book might be for you.
Mr Icke provides information about how great effort has been expended in creating an illusion where we feel free when in fact we are not at all free. He also provides great detail about the part played by secret societies like the Freemasons and how their octopus-like strangleholds around the world deliberately keeping humanity from achieving a better way of life.
At various times throughout the book Mr Icke takes time to point out that his greatest criticisms are directed at the people at the higher levels of the institutions and government in which we all place our trust (give away our power to) instead of the masses of people.
He managed to convey to me the degree to which the ordinary man in the street is held in disdain by governments etc.
In the final chapter he provides details on how we can break the spell as he calls it and take back our power. For me a very worthwhile read.
Before dismissing this book as poppycock be aware of a saying (by Neale Donald Walsh, I believe) that you might like to bear in mind.It is "You cannot know the Truth unless you stop telling yourself that you already know the Truth."
Tone

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliantly crafted; stunning research, 1 Oct 2003
By A Customer
this is an excellent book for many reasons: it is well researched, it logically links people and places relevant to the control of the world, and above all, it is documented. i would however offer an important cautionary note: don't let the reptilian issue propounded within the book discredit the other 100% documented concrete information. no doubt many people have read icke's painstaking research and then equated david icke and his message with 4th dimensional reptilians - don't let this distract you. the aforementioned technique is often used to discredit david icke by the way.
read this book carefully and preferably research it further using the internet. you'll soon find out that many of the astonishing revelations are true: yes, they really do make 'money' out of fresh air in unbelievable amounts, yes senator john de camp really did expose a massive paedophile network leading right the way up to the upper echelons of the white house, and yes, the british crown really does own america.
most importantly, when reading this book and discovering the painful picture, try and stop your current paradigm from editing the picture you're forming - stick to the facts and don't be afraid of them.
all in all, an excellent book. highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hold onto your reading glasses and keep the bedside light on, 26 Jun 2001
Slowly chapter by chapter you stop being a skeptic and realise that this guy is for real. When he talks about the Reptiles, dont get freaked, read on and he will explain. GIVE THE GUY A CHANCE - we have nothing to lose but the truth to gain..

5.0 out of 5 stars Can it REALLY be true!?, 11 Mar 1999
By A Customer
I've only read half of this book (and I would like to write a full and complete review once I have completed it) but already one urgent, pressing question springs to mind: has David Icke (a man whom I personally have the greatest respect for and whose research I will continue to follow) really, as his critics have long asserted, gone mad? Or, as the title of his book suggests, has he (among others) really got hold of "The Biggest Secret"? That I do not know but one thing I am UTTERLY CONVINCED of is this: okay, if you can't accept the alien info then fair enough. BUT and this is a really big BUT - I certainly ACCEPT and BELIEVE the political/military/industrial/pharmaceutical conspiracy is true and going on right now (yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking now but go and do some research, as I have done - suddenly "conspiracy theory" turns into "conspiracy fact") And, to put my cards on the table, I now believe that the stories of the Annunaki and the reptillians may well have a basis in reality and that Satanic rituals are, indeed, both common and prevalent amongst many of our so called leaders.
But no matter what I think, or believe, if you have ANY interest in such matters I would urge you to read this book!
Best Regards
Max

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange but true!, 6 Mar 2003
By A Customer
This was the first of his books I read. It was recommended to me by a friend, and I have to say that whether you believe it or not, it's a very interesting read.
Much of it is like reading The Silmarillion or some fantasy book...except true (possibly). As an aethist and believer in science, I found it difficult to let go of the idea that I'd learnt from birth, that we are merely lumps of matter waiting to expire. But once I did, it made so much sense. You don't have to believe the infamous lizardman theory (which, incidentally, I don't think is as farfetched as I once did) to believe much of what he says. We don't know for sure that his writings are not true, and he has an overwhelming amount of evidence to support them...true, some of them could be passed off as coincidences, but as many as that? I doubt it. And the more one considers recent events, the more it becomes obvious that there is more to this world than meets the eye.
Still, one doesn't even have to believe any of that. Icke does not tell everyone to follow him like sheep...indeed, that is exactly what he tells us NOT to do. But, if everyone lived their lives by what is written in the last chapter then the world would be a better, and far more beautiful place. Icke basically believes that we should respect ourselves, respect each other, and respect our (and everyone elses) right to be different from what is considered mainstream.
Icke also believes that our experiences often match our mentality, and after considering past events of my life I KNOW this to be true. So if you don't plan on buying this book, at least think on this: love and respect others, and others will love and respect you.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm a Reptile, Get Me Out of Here!!!, 30 Sep 2005
Confuseius (Virtual Space) - See all my reviews
For a man with a message, David Icke doesn't make things easy for himself.

If this book has any short-comings other than Icke's painfully inexpert attempts at logical argument, it's the opening chapters - on the grounds of established scientific knowledge (hmmm - perhaps my dissent means I am a reptilian...?). Notwithstanding Icke's infuriating tendency to present conjecture as fact that he will the refer back to later into the book, stating that his research has "proven" these leaps to be true with no insight into what constitutes proof having being given, schoolboy science is the real issue here.

Be it monatomic gold, "the lower fourth dimension", reptiles living inside a hollow earth, or reptilian DNA (which surely would have been detected by now - unless Craig Venter is one of the Illuminati??), Icke's book suffers hugely from bad editorial decisions as much as the poor presentation of argument and a paucity of scientific rigour.

"The Biggest Secret" is not, however, "the biggest laugh", and there are reasons to praise: if you can make it through the relatively painful first two chapters of this book, however, it does - perhaps surprisingly - become increasingly alluring. when Icke gets on to the linguistic, symbological and religious strands of his argument, he is on much steadier footing. The middle chapters present some utterly fascinating material, that is so dense and rich that regular breaks to mull it over are required. "The Biggest Secret" deserves strong marks for these sections.

It's a great shame though that these more attractive arguments only come AFTER the more, erm, alienating opening. If Icke could team up with someone more versed in rhetoric, or simply call upon a decent (and open-minded) editor, this book could well have been truly astounding. A simpler alternative could have been to present the reptilian material towards the end of the book - once the reader has been, perhaps, "softened-up".

Alas we are left with a work that, despite showing signs of having been wonderfully, exquisitely researched, is greatly blemished by amateurism. It could - and should - have been so much better. Nonetheless, a very thought-provoking read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Humanity, and the alien reptoid gods., 27 Mar 2000
Peter Solomon (U.K.) - See all my reviews
Way back when at the dawn of humanity, when the alien reptoid gods were splicing their genes with those of the naked apes of the African savannah, and creating the prototypes for modern humanity, little did we know they would be still with us in the 20th century in the guise of the global elite, the billionaire banking families the European monarchies, the American presidents and other western heads of state.
Since the earliest times of history when alien gods created the royal
bloodlines of ancient Egypt and of the Sumerian and Babylonian Kings, and were jealously guarding these bloodlines to safeguard their alien heritage and pass on their genes to the future. Only the purest of the alien/human hybrids where allowed positions of power and influence. The alien reptoids were interdimentional aliens beings from outside our time structure. They had powers to read the future and manipulate time, and the ability to shape shift, only the purest bloodlines had these powers hence their obsession with the purity of genetic transmission.
This is the worst nightmare of humanity proved to true. The devils, the serpents and dragons of myth and legend are our reptoid alien controllers, who created us as slaves and have controlled us emotionally and mentally for thousands of years, with false religion and lies, while hiding true knowledge. Don't believe anything your told by any authority, whether political or spiritual, do not trust any supposed manifestation of enlightenment in the form any person, now or in the past, don't believe any holy book or scripture. The scientific medical and academic establishment is a conspiracy of lies against the true nature of reality the universe and ourselves.
Watch out the reptoids are about and they rule the planet, but not for long things are changing everything is not going their way and they are at war with themselves.
David Icke explains all this and a lot more.
*** Sirius Peter

The Biggest Secret: The Book That Will Change the World
The Biggest Secret: The Book That Will Change the World by David Icke (Paperback - 1 Feb 1999)
21.99