5.0 out of 5 stars Have thoroughly enjoyed knitting from here - an all time classic, 30 Jan 2009
This review is from: Tadpoles and Tiddlers: 32 Knitting Designs For Babies and Children Up to 10 Years (Paperback)
My very first knitting project was from this book - a cardigan. Amazingly although I thought the result looked professional, the knitting was surprisingly easy. This book is probably the best collection I have seen of basic children's jumpers, that they will want to wear and you will want to knit. I have bought other books since, but whereas I normally end up with one or two patterns I like, this one is full of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless classics to knit up and grow into, 1 Feb 2002
By A Customer
What an absolutely lovely book. The projects range in complexity, but the designs are timeless, generously sized and quick to knit up. The patterns for the 10 year olds are even suitable for petite ladies small. My main complaint is that many of the yarns used have been discontinued and it would be impossible to produce the same colourway without hunting wide and far.

I think what's best are the boys sweaters. There are some really nice ones, which are not 'too cute' or girlish. (the one with the fishes, 'jammy dodger', 'moby' etc.) This is not to say that the girls ones are not as good, because they are just as gorgeous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - Love it, 26 Feb 2013
I have not knitted for over ten years now, but have recently started working night shifts in a call centre and needed something to do with my hands to keep me awake whilst I was waiting for calls. This book was recommended as highly rated on Amazon as being a good one to get for interesting patterns which tend to turn out every time - well, I thought I really am a test case for it because I haven't knitted in so long and also I can't actually remember anything I ever knitted in the past turning out exactly right. I chose the fish jumper to knit for my little boy - the pattern was everything other reviewers said it would be - easy to follow and for a beginner I got surprisingly good results. The patterns are clear, the instructions simple and easy even for a beginner like myself to follow. I've posted a photo on flicker - [...] - so judge for yourself. Okay, I've got a lot to learn, but the fair isle bits came out beautifully and the fish actually look like they're swimming. My son is really pleased with it and my younger boy is now clamouring for me to knit something for him. My knitting has never been in demand before so this is a real result. This is a lovely book - the photographs are a bit dated, but the patterns are simple and interesting to knit and offer a good range of styles to choose from for both boys and girls. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Now, if I could only learn how to cable...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Range of Children's Jumpers, 28 Sep 2012
J. Finigan (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great book! I was a bit put off by the pictures and cover, which look very Amish. But once you look past the old-fashioned photography, the patterns really are fantastic, covering a great range of ages and styles, and all of them so easily adaptable too. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 July 2014
This is a fantastic book of patterns for kids, all highly wearable and easy to follow patterns

Used & New from: £6.42