Format: PaperbackChange

on 9 November 2003
This book is a great buy for anyone who is fascinated by fabric texture. It is a bit boring to look at, but the illustrations are clear, the instructions are easy to follow and the author's enthusiasm is infectious.
on 5 October 2001
This book is well written with many graphic examples. Jen Rayment is very creative, her directions are easy to follow and she encourages the reader to enlarge their own artistic designs. She adds humorus stories and she bridges the language usage gap between British and American word usage and definitions. I saw her on television in the United States and ordered all three of her books, each is different and gives new ideas. Thanks Jen.
0Comment19 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2013
This book has some beautiful designs which look very easy: they aren't! they do require some skill, but the instructions are good and you just need to practise! Good diagrams and very inspiring. It arrived very quickly, sooner than I expected.
on 14 August 2013
I love this book, it makes my fingers itch to get going. Although the instructions for the techniques are great, I would have liked more information on how to construct the projects that are featured.
on 12 December 2013
GREAT BOOK ,JENNY IS SOOOOO TALENTED AND SHE MAKES ALL THE PROJECTS IN THE BOOK LOOK VERY EASY, I AM NEW TO QUILTING AND I HAVE MANAGED TO DO A FEW SO FAR. JUST A GREAT WEE BOOK
on 16 April 2013
This book arrived quickly,& was well packed. I have already made up some of the designs as 12 inch squares to make a bed quilt.
on 10 September 2014
Ordered this book after seeing an earlier edition belonging to a friend at a craft club that we both attend. Jennie Rayment certainly has some interesting and unusual ideas. She gives her instructions in a very clear and easy to understand way. I haven't made anything from it yet (as I need to finish other projects) but am looking forward to embarking on a cushion or two with interesting fold and pleat patterns.
on 9 September 2013
This is one of the most interesting books I have come across for a long time. St fascinating how Jenny Rayment has used tucks and fabric. I have found the book most interesting and can't wait to get started on a project. I highly recommend this book to anyone who s looking for something a little different to make. All Jenny's designs would make wonderful gifts.
on 1 July 2014
I didn't realise it was an older edition but I am still very pleased with the book. Jennie gives clear instructions and the effects look stunning but are not as difficult as it looks. I am looking forward to working my way through the book to the rather more complicated ideas - and am gaining the confidence to 'play around' with different effects.
on 28 October 2013
Saw Jennie Rayment demonstrating one of the pieces from this book, and she was such a joy to watch that I was tempted to buy it! The instructions are just as she speaks them, and are easy to follow, with helpful diagrams & tips for getting good results. The techniques are easy to transfer to items other than cushions.