4.0 out of 5 stars Eating to help your body help itself, 27 Mar 2000
This review is from: Recipes for Self-healing (Paperback)
If you believe that we are what we eat, and you are willing to try to help yourself back to good health through wise eating, this book is worth a read.
The model used to present information is the classic Chinese one, where a liver isn't just the biological organ itself, but very much more. If you have a western mind-set, but are prepared to open yourself to other, historically proven methods of understanding your own body, you should have little difficulty following the clear ideas given here.
The varied, interesting recipes put the fun back into healthy eating too.
If you are an acupuncturist, you could certainly build on the solid foundation of knowledge contained in this book, helping your clients to support and participate in their own recovery.
Peter Bryenton, March 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipes I return to over again., 8 Oct 2009
Ms. Elaine O'riordan (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recipes for Self-healing (Paperback)
I bought this because it had recipes for Beetroot soup and french onion soup. Both of which I made and made again.

The garlic soup was really amazing. One of my colleagues said it was the best soup she'd ever had and she couldn't believe what was in it (a good dose of garlic). The lentil Dahl and some of the others have had regular outings. I've shared recipes, and other information from it, but I've never shared the book.

It's one that I will treasure and adore for a time yet. I am reasonably healthy, but working towards eating more whole foods and reducing the processed in my diet, this book is helping me on my journey and is becoming one of my more often used books. A real find for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy a good meal?, 4 Mar 2013
Kati (Rochester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Recipes for Self-healing (Paperback)
This is a superb book although I still cannot quite understand the ideas of the Chinese approach to health but the recipes are excellent, simple and very tasty! My constant heartburn has completely disappeared so I can warmly recommend this book to those who want to be inspired and who seek relief from digestive problems. Thank you so much!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on healthy eating, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Recipes for Self-healing (Paperback)
I bought this book, because I wanted to know more about Traditional Chinese Medicine and what it recommends as healthy diet.
The book has met my expectation and provided much more.

It brings one small world of its own to the art of cooking based on constant observation of your particular body and health needs to keep you on the healthy and happy side of life. It feels like being written by a nature wizard like Radagast from "Lord of the Rings", someone who loves plants, trees and people.

I was amazed by how many of the recipes do not really include salt as ingredient and taste really well, as if being in fact salted, by using the correct "healthy" spices.

I liked the comment on the author that you can simply try all the recipes and choose the ones the ones you like that should be also what is best to eat in your case. We often forget to really listen to what our body tells us when eating, sticking to sugars and salt all the time.

I would recommend this book to everybody interested in healthy food, and the TCM approach to cooking, using ingredients that are also easy to found in the Western work supermarket.

It will also teach you on how to create recipes on your own, making cooking even more interesting and creative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you!, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: Recipes for Self-healing (Paperback)
Thank you, I bought this book as a gift for Christmas and to my delight it arrived in time and was exactly as I expected. Merry Christmas to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good service from supplier, 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: Recipes for Self-healing (Paperback)
Good service from supplier, book in condition as advertised. A very good book if you are interested in maximising support for your body to meet the demands of life. Recipes easy to do, lots of very useful background information which you could apply to your diet in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeding The Whole Family, 9 Dec 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Recipes for Self-healing (Paperback)
Whole Foods Recipes For Babies, Young Children And Their Parents continues to be one of the best "user friendly", family oriented guides to nutritious, delicious, meal-time cookbooks available today. From Whole Grain Baby Cereal, Sage and Rosemary Seitan Sandwiches, and Tempeh Tacos, to Mustard Green Salad with Tofu-Dill Dressing, Sweet Squash Corn Muffins, and Carrot Cake with Apricot Glaze, Feeding The Whole Family offers a wealth of recipes that are as fun to make in the kitchen as they are to consume at the family dining table!

Recipes for Self-healing
Recipes for Self-healing by Daverick Leggett (Paperback - 1 Jan 1999)
Used & New from: 14.68