Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 March 2010
Even seasoned homeopaths will be interested in this new take on miasms. Ian Watson builds on Hahnemann's theory of chronic disease by explaining how perceiving the miasms as transformative influences rather than just underlying predispositions to disease can help us integrate the positive traits rather than simply eradicating the negative ones. He also relates the miasms to stages of individual and collective evolution.
A unique aspect of this book (as far as I am aware) is the suggestions for the use of specific flower essences to address the issues raised by each miasm. This has certainly influenced my own thinking as to how flower essences can be used in chronic cases.
The authors own interest and study of psychotherapy is also clearly evident in the book. Psychotherapy, particularly Jungian philosophy has informed homeopathic literature for many years but I found the direct correlation of it to the miasms in this book fascinating. Ian has a skillful way of explaining complex issues in a clear and concise way making this a much easier read than many others on these topics but no less informative. The depth of the information in this relatively slim volume is deceptive.
When I was at college, Ian's book "A Guide to Homoeopathic Methodologies" was essential reading and the one we all quoted from in our graduation cases and assignments. I have a feeling this book will follow suit. I certainly wish it had been in print when I was studying. I therefore recommend this book to practitioners and students alike.
by Carol Boroughs, Homeopath
on 1 June 2013
This book is a refreshing book on the miasms. It deals primarly with the consciousness associated with each of the miasms: Psora, Sycotic, Syphilic, Tuberculosis, Cancer, HIV and Radiation. The information on the consciousness of each of the miasms and their challenges and potential lessons for the individual makes it easier to identify the miasms that are potentially active even before any muscle testing is done to confirm this.
Great book for anyone who is interested in miasms or any practioner who deals with chronic conditions that do not respond to conventional treatments or other complementary interventions. Great for kinesiologists, homeopaths etc. Worth reading.
on 13 November 2010
This is a short but sweet book which gets right to the point and is very well written. I liked the fact that he thinks miasms are not necessarily something to be gotten rid of. He helps us understand them more and tries to show that they do not always have to be negative. The flower essences part is another way he shows how we can work with these miasms in a more participatory way.
A definite must-have for anyone who is learning about Homeopathy.
on 2 July 2013
A thought provoking book for homeopaths, and/ or any one working in complementary medicine. It is always good to have a different and most probably clearer view of what causes human disease.
on 11 October 2013
Very informative, gives a greater insight into the workings of homoepathic remedies and the effects of the mind and body.
on 24 May 2010
Well worth purchasing for both homeopathic beginners and those who have been in pratice for some time. Ian's particular focus on the miasms brings them alive and up-to-date with today's world and de-emphasises the pathological image that has somehow evolved around them.
on 24 June 2010
The Homeopathic Miasms by Ian Watson is informative clear and well written. It gives us a unique perspective on the
application of this prescription modality in day to day practice from a contemporary view point.
Colin I.H. Perry Member Faculty of Homeopathy
on 31 December 2014
As always an excellent book by Ian Watson Concise & clear. I often find my self referring back to this book. Best book on Miasms, also has references to flower essences suited to each miasm. A must for all homeopathic students. I still refer to it as a full practitioner.
on 9 June 2016
Clearly written explanation of Miasms theory, just the right amount of background and history and some wonderful new insights which help me make sense of so much.
on 21 October 2010
I loved this book.
Ian has brought his wonderful gift of simplicity to this fascinating subject and brought it right up to date.
A must for all students, alongside his Little Green Book, and so much there for practising homeopaths too.
Great stuff.