5.0 out of 5 stars Essential War Graves Information
On a 4 day visit to the Western Front I found this Holts book an essential guide to finding what I wanted to see. Without it I would have been unable to plan my days and unable to explore off the way items that interested me.
I tries to do too much in the time and at least this book enabled me to plan effectively and to understand what I was looking at.
Published on 23 Sep 2008 by CN

3.0 out of 5 stars Very little information of the battle
Published 15 months ago by Mr S R Cains

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential War Graves Information, 23 Sep 2008

3.0 out of 5 stars Very little information of the battle, 9 Aug 2013
This review is from: Major and Mrs.Holt's Battle Map of the Somme: No. 1 (Map)
This map is good to find all the cemeteries and memorials, but not much to help follow the battle. It only shows the front lines on 1st July and 17th Nov, doesn't show how any units advanced or any dates. There is only 1 contour to show high ground and only main roads are shown so you can't even see the way to drive to some cemeteries. Other maps would be needed such as the modern IGN maps, or wartime trench maps. But for only £4 it is value for money, and the paper seems tough enough to survive being in the field.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than everything you needed to know., 7 Jan 2014
I. P. Gearing (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Major and Mrs.Holt's Battle Map of the Somme: No. 1 (Map)
Graphical companion to the fantastically detailed volume on the battlefield. You need both (they are normally sold that way) my copy of the book was second hand and the map missing. If you are planning a battlefield visit I would very definitely use these in the planning, I did and it enhanced the visit no end.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 7 Sep 2014
Anthony J. Pilcher (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Major and Mrs.Holt's Battle Map of the Somme: No. 1 (Map)
I ordered the Holt Map of the Ypres Salient!
There was a muddle