5.0 out of 5 stars Emperor Halie Salleassie I autobiograpy (volume 1)
Published on 7 Feb 2011 by Shav

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit long-winded
Published on 26 Nov 2010 by Mavrik

5.0 out of 5 stars Emperor Halie Salleassie I autobiograpy (volume 1), 7 Feb 2011
This review is from: Autobiography of Emperor Haile Sellassie I: King of Kings and Lord of: 1 (My Life and Ethiopia's Progress) (Paperback)
I found this book amazing. It's funny but I came in contact with this book through searching about the rastafarian movement. whilst I heard of the man Emperor Halie Sallassie I, I never sort to find out about him. Watching his coronation did that. Whilst I had to get my head around the names, (although some of them are familiar in my own family) it has inspired me to further seacrh not only about the man but how his influence and wisdom (his ethos on life dvelopement and progression) has influenced the world. This in event has led me to look at other books that are revealing more than what I thought I was trying to understand.

For me this book has linked me to an historical time with its biblical reference that I can identify with that has given an even greater prospective on questions of social liberation(I totally get it). (I know for me, its hard enough being a women, mother and black, I can not imagen what it might be to have the lives of a nation / country in your hand) His greatness as a black king is significant and undoubtable.

I have been nothing but enthused from the moment I opened this book which subsequently has led me on to open other books and footage.

I would never describe this book as a good read, I would say it's amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blessings, 7 Dec 2006
Asha Diaz "Rastafari..Bless" (Trinidad) - See all my reviews
As I am seeking the Knowledge of Fari and My King, this book was very revealing. Even though I thougth it was a bit difficult to read at the beginning, after a few chapters, I could not put it down. It reveals the true story of Ethiopia and it's people, their strenght, their sadness, their joys. I recommend that anyone interested in Rastafari and Ethiopia should read this book. You will have no regards. Bless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read - Want a hard cover from Ethiopia in the Library., 2 Dec 2012
An amazing autobiography from His Imperial Majesty - Fulljoyed it thoroughly - My brother took it off me as soon as I finished and I will surely read it again - Buy it!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit long-winded, 26 Nov 2010
This is a bit long-winded but other than that it's interesting to those interested in Emperor Haile Sellassie I. More historical than religious or spiritual, I'd advise those interested in Rastafarianism to go for something like The Holy Piby or The Kendra Nagast if that's what they're after but this is still an invaluable book if you wish to learn about the life of Haile Sellassie I. I haven't finished reading it yet, as I say it's a bit long-winded, but then it is an autobiography and not meant to be particularly gripping or entertaining, it's more of an educational book really, so if like me, you want to educate yourself about Haile Sellassie then this book is for you. Bless.

5.0 out of 5 stars H.I.M In His Own Words., 23 Jun 2014
Very mind opening. His autobiography reveals just what kind of a Man Haile Selassie was. A very Great Man indeed.

There are so many vicious rumours about Him, but if one reads The Emperor and allows Him to explain it becomes obvious what a devout Christian and a Great King He really was. Ethiopia is much worse off for abandoning Him and Her Royal Family at the hands of the brutal communist coup that eventually murdered the King.