on 12 January 2001
If you are like me and mostly have walked in and around Glen Coe, the Cairngorms etc, this book really inspired me to get out there and see the rest of Scotland, especially the North West. The book contains fascinating tales and historical accounts of the regional history, along with fantastic photography. Each walk comes complete with a difficulty rating, pronounciation, map, directions, advice and links to relevant information. Even as a read about the Scotland i havent seen all of, i couldnt stop looking through it and planning my next 20 years in the hills! A very good present to buy for a friend.
11 comment|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 July 2013
This is a very interesting book with beautifully described walks. It is also very accurate and has given me a lot of ideas. I like the way walks are described from the authors own experience. They are a good read. I also like that there are walk summaries too, outlining route, distance, time and grade. For me, importantly, this also is clear on the access point as I always struggle to find the beginning of each walk and once couldn't find the beginning of the West Highland Way!
on 14 August 2010
Cameron McNeish writes with great passion about the joys of the Scottish hills and mountains and the accompanying photographs are just beautiful. This book has encouraged me to return to hills that I have enjoyed in the past and inspired me to make the effort to travel to the more far flung corners of my country that I would otherwise probably have neglected to explore. It would also make a very nice present for retired ramblers and armchair enthusiasts.

I just can't rate this book highly enough. It's fabulous. Buy it! Now!
on 2 May 2013
Really excellent book. Packed with detailed hillwalking information including distances ,durations, some historical facts and,translation of Gaelic hill names etc.
on 29 November 2012
Bought this as a gift for my brother's birthday as a little extra as he loves walking. It was a steal of a price and in very good condition. Swift delivery too.
on 13 September 2015
..Hi Amazon.
So far the read is 5 star still reading when i have finished reading the book i will tell you , bye for now...
on 3 December 2014
Sometimes your first great adventure starts close to home. Wonderful well represented walks in a stunning place.
on 11 March 2016
Lovely book sure we will do some of the walks soon
on 6 June 2016
Excellent quality and service
on 3 December 2015
Great book very detailed easy to follow