5.0 out of 5 stars TRee planting and conservation
Published on 15 Sep 2009 by Helen MacAllister

3.0 out of 5 stars Tree planting guide
This contains a lot of background I had read elsewhere but amongst it all it did contain the pratical detailed information on tree planting that I was looking for.
Published on 3 May 2012 by LMcC

5.0 out of 5 stars TRee planting and conservation, 15 Sep 2009
Helen MacAllister (Scottish Highlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tree Planting and Aftercare: A Practical Handbook (Paperback)
This is an absolutely excellent guide to planting trees on any sort of scale. Detailed, in sensible down to earth language and it tells you the things academic texts don't - like how to turn over the turf properly and what the forestry suppliers abbreviations mean. I have planted over 1000 trees and, although I had some limited experience of forestry, found it an invaluable help. Well worth purchasing if you have any plans to grow trees.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 April 2009
D. Beaver (Northern England) - See all my reviews
This is a super book which would appeal to a wide range of readers interested in trees. Well worth having in your collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book, 2 Mar 2014
The book focuses on woodland trees rather than fruit trees, however the information it contains is largely applicable to the latter as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars BTCV PRACTICAL HANDBOOKS, 26 Dec 2013
I own several of these books, each of which is the best book on the subject. This one is no exception. Each book explains and describes the ins and outs of each task, covering how and why, what tools could be used, manual handling, legislations and wildlife to name a few. These books also use clear diagrams to demonstrate every aspect of the task. They were of great use to my college assignments and I couldn't recommend them more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tree planting guide, 3 May 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know and more, 29 May 2010
Excellent little guide. I have lots of self seeded saplings that I wanted to move to another site and after reading part of the handbook online I decided to invest in the book. It has all of the information that I need and much more. Basically, if you are looking to establish a woodland or just plant a few trees this guide has all of the information you need about pre and after care.

5.0 out of 5 stars BTCV's Tree Planting & Aftercare, 9 Jan 2011
Really impressed by this book, which tells me everything I would want to know about tree planting and how trees grow. Wish I'd had it a year ago, before we planted some saplings on land we're moving to soon. Still, it's going to be a very useful reference book, when we plant our orchard and in maintaining our existing native trees and decide on further planting.

Tree Planting and Aftercare: A Practical Handbook
Tree Planting and Aftercare: A Practical Handbook by Elizabeth Agate (Paperback - 1 Nov 2001)
Used & New from: 12.99