5.0 out of 5 stars A book with hidden value
Reading this book makes at first makes you think that the author is treating the Psalms in a very superstitious way. And indeed, this book fairly represents how the Psalms are used in the Obeah practices of the Bahamas, etc.
BUT...
Published on 31 Dec 2003 by Alex Sumner

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Colette Linden. May 2007.

I recieved this book as a gift from someone who is very special to me.

I had reached a very sad time in my life.I was feeling,scared,confused, sad,lonely.I lacked self esteem & self worth and had lost my confidence.

The verses,Psalms & poems filled me with such inspiration & belief in...
Published on 10 May 2007 by Mrs. C. Linden

3.0 out of 5 stars Appreciate Opinions but Believe & Trust in Your Own Heart & feelings,then if goes wrong you only have youself to blame, 10 May 2007
Mrs. C. Linden "Colette Linden" (Northamptonshire,United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Powers of the Psalms (Paperback)
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: Colette Linden. May 2007.

I recieved this book as a gift from someone who is very special to me.

The verses,Psalms & poems filled me with such inspiration & belief in myself.

It was like listening & talking to Angels.

I DO Believe in Angels,They do Exist,but Most of All,

This book made me Believe in myself again....an inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book with hidden value, 31 Dec 2003
Alex Sumner "AS" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
BUT...
If one were to suspend ones prejudice against Superstition for a moment ... and assume for the sake of argument, that the Powers listed are really metaphors for higher truths ... then this little book becomes transformed into a manual of the highest theurgy!
For example: Psalm 79 can apparently used to eliminate an opponent, and the procedure described sounds like the worst kind of black magic. But - what if one assumed that the "opponent" in question were not some other person, but a fault within ones own character???
Viewed like this, this little book can be seen as a very practical manual of Christian magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power of the Psalms, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Powers of the Psalms (Paperback)
I have been look for this book for a while as my old one fell apart.
yes I would recommend this book to all my friends or to anyone else who needs an answer to a prayer or help with a problems

3.0 out of 5 stars does the job, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: Powers of the Psalms (Paperback)
Good product bad print. Layout leaves a lot to be desired. But all in all very usable and should achieve objective

5.0 out of 5 stars Powers of Psalms, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Powers of the Psalms (Paperback)
This book has all i need. I have been reading my daily prayers, and for the life of me, it really does work. all those who pay money to see these specialist people, no need, you can do it yourself. Just as long as you have faith and believe in god, you're good to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very valuable companion, 23 Mar 2013
T. Laindon (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Powers of the Psalms (Paperback)
As a christian, The book of Psalms is very valuable to me. I have had to revert to this book for guidance time after time in addition to
reading verses from the bible. Very helpful Psalm verses which covers all situation and provides comfort and it works time and time again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Christians, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Powers of the Psalms (Paperback)
This is my second copy of this book, the first one was used so much it fell apart. Using this book for my daily living.

Great book

3.0 out of 5 stars Rave reviews from afar., 30 July 2011
Dr. House (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Powers of the Psalms (Paperback)
This was purchased in a frenzy of euphoric rantings extoling its virtues, tho' not with any direct prior exposure to it. A staunch religious devotee read it, and concluded it did not provide any new insights into their understanding of the Biblical passages on which the title suggests.

As a scholar myself, I reserve judgement for now and encourage anyone with the slightest curiousity to begin with the Good Book itself.

ARRAY(0xa47e1f0c)

Powers of the Psalms
Powers of the Psalms by Anna Riva (Paperback - Jun 1982)
Used & New from: 7.85