5.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting reading, 31 Dec 2012
This book is revolutionary in the way we learn and think it is must read for parents and children. The book teaches a whole new way of learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for all educators and parents!, 26 Aug 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: How Your Child is Smart: Life-changing Approach to Learning (Paperback)
A "typing" scheme on how we learn (geared towards children). People understand things in differing ways not because of the intelligience but rather because of the process of how their minds work. This book is full of practical ideas to connect with children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Opened my eyes to my child's mind!, 20 Oct 1998
By A Customer
I picked up this book from an LLL meeting's private library, just for something to read for the month. I never imagined that it was going to change the way I looked at my child! In learning my child's thought pattern (and mine and my husband's as well) I not only discovered how he learns, but reasons for the ways he behaves. When reading the description of a typical person with my child's thought pattern, it was as though the author was describing my child exactly! I now understand such behaviors in my child as never having an appetite, not enjoying coloring, although he can very nicely, being able to memorize things he hears with seemingly no effort at all, talking and asking questions from the moment he wakes up untill he is asleep, and being timid about defending himself physically even when necessary. This book also enlightened me to the fact that my thought pattern and my son's will fit perfectly while I endevor to school him at home, as I enjoy talking and enlightening people, and he learns easiest through hearing. Never before has a book influenced my life in such strong and beneficial way. I have recommended this book to every parent I know, and strongly to those that have chosen as I have to educate their children at home. It is true that every child is smart in their own way and it is important to understand this in order to help each child learn to lead a productive life.

How Your Child is Smart: Life-changing Approach to Learning
How Your Child is Smart: Life-changing Approach to Learning by Anne Powell (Paperback - 31 Jan 1993)