5.0 out of 5 stars You're not supposed to put two spaces after a full stop?!
I took great care to include two spaces after a full stop and before starting the next sentence. Williams explains why this in incorrect and why so many of us do it religiously, along with a host of other typographic rules. It's relatively short, the writing is concise and interesting and if you type on a computer you'll use what you learn from this book every day.
Published on 4 April 2004 by Stacy Munn

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdated
Published on 23 Nov 2004 by Nozza

2.0 out of 5 stars Outdated, 23 Nov 2004
This review is from: The PC is Not a Typewriter: A Style Manual for Creating Professional Level Type on Your PC (Paperback)
Instructions for Word for Dos? Get away? Yup. That's where this book is at. Word for Windows *is* mentioned, but I doubt if it is beyond Word 2. The ideas are fine, but the book is way outdated. I bought this having read Robin's excellent The Non Designer's Design Book, and reviews here. Not many books I buy I think were a waste of money, but this one isn't far off. You'd be much better off buying the Non Designer's book than this one. And I am sure Robin would agree.

5.0 out of 5 stars You're not supposed to put two spaces after a full stop?!, 4 April 2004
Stacy Munn "multimedia designer" (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Check out my raves for The Mac Is Not A Typewriter, 20 Jun 1997
By A Customer
This is a PC version of the same must-buy book.