Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 May 1999
This book, written by the expert Bob Anderson, is a great guide to stretching. You will learn stretching exercises for every part of your body. All exercises in this book are easy to perform and increase flexibility, well being and gives you firm muscles. You can do them without any warm up!!!
This book is my favorite. I use this type of stretcihg every day , and have seen a great and fast improvement. I can do splits now and my body feels great!!! This book is a best seller and is highly recomended!!!!
By the way: I will also recomending "Stretching Scientifically" and "The New York City Ballet Workout"
on 12 October 2001
Clear, user-friendly, effective advice on techniques to make the most of your stretching and help you achieve your fitness goals. Very encouraging. Great illustrations. Absolutely brilliant!
This is a brilliant book to work from. It has clear diagrams, informative and precise instructions and many different routines for both everyday and specific sports activity. A fantastic introduction to stretching and it's benefits.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.
on 27 September 2000
Recommended by my physio,the book has opened my eyes to the benefits of regular stretching. I'm an ex England rugby international in my late 60s and able to keep up competitive sport through following the book's advice
on 26 June 2004
I have to say I found this book very disappointing. There's nothing on the theory or science of stretching, which I would expect in a book dedicated to the subject. It doesn't really explain the difference between maintenance and developmental stretching, and certainly doesn't touch on more advanced stretching techniques.
More seriously, there's no mention that you should only stretch warm muscles to minimize risk of injury, and even some of the stretches themselves put unnecessary strain on joints and would better be replaced by safer alternatives.
Perhaps this book could be of some interest to beginners, but if you're looking for a definitive guide, this isn't it.
on 13 November 2010
I have found Anderson's book an invaluable guide to recovering strength and mobility after a long period of illness. The exercises are easy to understand thanks to the well drawn illustrations.
on 8 August 2011
I was recommended this book by a physio friend and can honestly say that is was well worth purchasing. It's very informative with easy to follow exercises. I was advised as to which ones to do by said friend and which to avoid as I have arthritis,by stretching on a daily basis I have noticed a remarkable difference in my flexibility in a very short period of time which of course means less discomfort for me.
I ordered a second hand book which arrived very quickly and was in good condition as stated, I'd definately use this seller again.
on 4 September 2009
I bought this book at the same time as Stretching Scientifically: A Guide to Flexibility Training as I've come back to Taekwondo after a long lay-off and now am really missing my previous flexibility. While this book is good in itself, it only covers static stretching - which as modern scientific studies have shown (details in the book linked above) is fairly useless for improving flexibility for dynamic sports.

The information it has on stretching is OK, but it's fairly sparse on detail and only covers one type of stretching really.
on 31 August 2009
This is an excellent book covering a number of sports and
muscular problems. I have just started to play a Bb/F
trombone which is much heavier than my old instrument,
unfortunately it has caused me to have pain in my left
hand,arm, and shoulder.Since I have followed the exercises
in this book there has been a great improvement,and I can
now play for longer periods.
on 9 December 2014
Clear, effective, simple exercises that are very well illustrated. When I match the exercises with my daily routine or any exercise, I feel more energetic and I keep my suppleness. This book covers practically all sport activities, so you will not need anything else.
It would be great if it would stay open. Perhaps another type of binding for the next edition.