on 22 December 2013
Having so much trouble trying to get store bought trousers to fit, I am hoping to make my own. I bought this DVD, as being short and small waisted, I knew I'd need to alter the patterns I buy but didn't know how. This DVD is fantastic, they show you how to tissue fit the patterns of your choice (bit skeptical about doing this with the original pattern but I have a roll of pattern paper so I'll trace a pattern on to that to try it first with that. Then they show how and where to alter the pattern depending on the issues that show up when you have the tissue or a fabric cut pair of trousers on, (you wear them inside out) so you can see and alter the seams. This is a superb DVD and I'm really glad I bought it. It would be most helpful to have a 'helper to pin and alter things on you, but there are tips for how to do this alone if you are without an extra pair of hands.

One issue I have, is that a lot of these sewing DVDs both by this company and also by Threads, are being listed on Amazon as 'Region 1'. This DVD is produced in America, so you will need a TV and DVD player capable of playing NTSC format discs as the UK uses PAL. ( but most recent TV/DVD players will do this, just check your manual). However there is NO mention of any region encoding anywhere on the DVD.

The TV/DVD set up we have at home is NOT compatible with region 1, nor has it been altered in any way to make it do so. The Pants for Real People and also their Full Busted DVD, all play perfectly on our set up, including the menu systems on the DVD.

If you have looked at the Threads 'Teach yourself to sew DVDs and been put off by the Region 1 listing, the same has been true of those. They have all played on a UK TV/DVD which can play NTSC but is NOT compatible with Region 1. Sellers are often getting these in to order so haven't got the information to hand but please Amazon, have a look at the publishers websites as they are listing these DVDs as playable, around the world. It has put me off buying in the past and I'm sure others will be avoiding titles that would play in the UK.
on 30 July 2014
The second DVD recieved worked fine.