5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect map for San Francisco

Published 13 months ago by A.Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect map for San Francisco, 9 Oct 2011
Katie B (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Streetwise San Francisco (Map)
I love this map! Although I've been living in the San Francisco Bay Area for a year now, I still carry it everywhere with me and I'm always sharing it with others who want to look up bus details. I use Google maps and 511.org as well to navigate public transport but sometimes you just want a traditional map that you can look at quickly and see the whole city set out on one page. This one is sturdy, detailed and the perfect size for folding away in a handbag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful map, 28 Oct 2010
This review is from: Streetwise San Francisco (Map)
I had 5 days in SF and used this map extensively. It's a really handy size for slipping in your pocket or bag and despite weighing virtually nothing, becuase it is semi-laminated it holds up well to wear and tear. It's easy to use discreetly without looking like a tourist struggling with oversized fold-out maps or those free maps you get which don't carry the level of detail you need. The public transport info was very useful, especially for navigating the buses. I didn't want a bulky guidebook, just a map as prior to leaving I had done my research online for the stuff I wanted to do in SF. This product matched my needs completely and contained just enough detail. The price is great too and I will buy another if there's an updated version next time I head to SF.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Streetwise San Francisco (Map)
I was so pleased to have this map when I visited San Francisco for the first time. I was there for a week and only used public transport or walked everywhere. This map was amazing for public transport info. I don't know how they managed to get everything you needed onto one map, but they did. Absolutely fantastic. Best of all it's on thick card and covered in plastic, so it stayed straight for the whole trip!

5.0 out of 5 stars So practical, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Streetwise San Francisco (Map)
May look complicated at first, but it is the best map for public transport in SF. I carried it on me all the time and got around the city with great ease. Can definitely recommend.
You will start to really appreciate this little gem once you try it out in SF, being on the bus. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy to have, 14 Aug 2013
JJ (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Streetwise San Francisco (Map)
Brilliant map which also shows public transport - buses, lightrail and streetcars. Useful for planning day trips around the city as it tells which buses go each attraction. If you are planning a trip to San Francisco then this is the map to get!

5.0 out of 5 stars sanfrancity map, 27 April 2013
This review is from: Streetwise San Francisco (Map)
Very clear plastic coated map. Recommend it for planning and getting around the city easily. It can be easily folded and refolded without damage

5.0 out of 5 stars San Francisco street map, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Streetwise San Francisco (Map)
I bought this map based on the recommendation of other amazon reviewers as part of my plans to visit SF in the very near future. It shows the place I am going to stay and the road system - with one way streets marked which is helpful when we arrive and use a rental car. The map also shows the places clearly that we plan to visit and the bus routes as we don't plan to drive much in SF itself. The map is rain proof and a handy size. It will be perfect for our imminent trip. It was also priced reasonably. So a solid all round buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 20 May 2014
This review is from: Streetwise San Francisco (Map)
This map is a really handy product if you have not so many time to spend in the city, good product!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Streetwise San Francisco (Map)
Folded, this map may fit an inside pocket. Unfolded you get to see the extent of the city, where it seems to suggest everyone wants to explore every part of it! Hence you get a city that kind of gets squashed in. I'd say the print makes it a little uncomfortable on the eyes to use as a planner. You're probably better off buying a guide book that includes a simpler map, or using Google Earth to plans and, maybe, use this map as a stand-by.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for map, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Streetwise San Francisco (Map)
Just the job for carrying around with you when walking or riding around,perfect size and information.Made using dense card making map very strong but easy to fold when not in use or when mobile.

Streetwise San Francisco
Streetwise San Francisco by Michael Brown (Map - Aug 1994)