on 26 September 2010
This is a fantastic book with beautiful pictures. I have given this book as a present twice and bought copy for the family. My son have followed the recipes and ended up with high quality dishes. Treat yourself or others.
on 17 July 2015
This book is ideal for those that have never eaten or cooked Persian food. For those that have or are Persians themselves, this is THE ABSOLUTE WORST Persian cook book ever printed.
NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING is traditional Persian food except the names of the dishes. The ingredients are made up for display as none of them are found in the dishes explained. Ghormeh Sabzi looks nothing like the one displayed and cooked in this book. Aabgoosht which is a staple Iranian dish is shown as something from another planet and Fesenjaan (fesenjoon) in this book is the author's own weird creation that neither looks like nor prepared in the way the author describes.
You will find Persians would be horrified to have their dishes (for want of a better word) raped violently as this author has done.
I would strongly suggest Middle Eastern cookery by Tess Malos which is much more authentic and a book I bought for my wife and another copy for my daughter. I got this book as a companion in the kitchen and what a waste of money.
As an Iranian I can only suggest you give this book a wide berth and get something else. If I could give it minus 5 stars I would but unfortunately Amazon only lets you give 1 star as a minimum.
on 16 September 2013
This book contains a good range of tasty recipes. Measurements are given using the American 'cup' system - which can be a bit frustrating for a Brit - however, if you have experience in cooking you can assume most of the quantities needed. Be careful about the timings given though - for example, when it comes to rice you will end up with very burnt Tah dig (unless, presumeably, you have the same rice cooker as Najmieh - I use a conventional pan on a gas hob).
This is a good all-round introduction to Persian cuisine and the recipes are easily adaptable - just don't take it word-for-word!
on 26 December 2012
Bought this for my wife as she loves to cook persian dishes and she has been really overwhelmed. This is a perfect gift gor those who enjoy cooking
on 2 September 2009
i love this book
its so easy to follow
every single recipe is very easy and taste amazing.
most have book
on 10 January 2016
Love Persian food and love these recipes. Clear instructions and easy to make.
on 30 August 2014
great a gift for someone