5.0 out of 5 stars shows the obstacles many experience on their paths to God
Published on 3 Nov. 1998

1.0 out of 5 stars New Age Propaganda
Published 6 months ago by LC

5.0 out of 5 stars shows the obstacles many experience on their paths to God, 3 Nov. 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Soul Psychology: Keys to Ascension (Easy-To-Read Encyclopedia of the Spiritual Path) (Perfect Paperback)
I found this book to be a great help in showing me the many pitfalls people take in their path to self mastery. Shown from a perspective of mastery, it clearly explains how one can avoid and see through trouble areas in one's life and reach the calm depths of inner peace. This is a book of transpersonal psychology. It will give you many tools and exercises for you to use throughout your day that will help bring you levels of refinement quickly.

1.0 out of 5 stars New Age Propaganda, 22 Aug. 2014
LC (Hong Kong, Hong Kong) - See all my reviews
I would advise customers to read reviews on Amazon.com (US site) as well. The only thing I like is the beginning of the book, where his reminds us how to clear our negative thoughts and stop ourselves from being controlled by subconscious desire and external influence, but that's all. I am very skeptical about all the New Age propaganda such as "soul extension", "monadic mates", "kundalini energy" (sexual energy), and he often freely (mis)quote God or Buddha or whoever that suits his own agenda. I frowned when I read his criticism on psychological therapies and psychiatry. He criticized these therapies don't take care of the "soul" and bragged his own approach is the better way to save it. But what exactly is "soul", is there a "soul" beyond our conscious and subconscious mind? He didn't even try to define the word and uses this empty term to promote his own method.
This book is recommended by a female friend who at one moment of life claim that she doesn't like sex, but she believes spiritual sex can help to transform her soul, so no wonder that she became easily manipulated by some "spiritual" teachers around her.
I do believe Buddhist meditation and certain daily practices can help us to clear our mind and live a happier life. But please get rid of those new age ideas which muddles it and brings more harm than benefits.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, 11 Jun. 2011
I couldn't praise this book enough. It goes beyond cognitive therapy, integrating the spiritual dimension of the human being. The psychology book for the present and the future

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book, 8 Jan. 2012
This book is one of the best i have read. It helps you counsel yourself and work through issues we all have and helps us look at situations in a different way. It helps you on your spiritual journey which we are all on. Cant recommend it enough!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Jan. 2015
Excellent for alternative therapies, the book to go for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
Excellent, clear and easily understandable!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Jan. 2015