Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 February 2013
I read this book after I had read Zerzan's "Future Primative" and I am glad I did. This book is perhaps easier to absorb if you fully understand the rationale of Zerzan's philosophy, but this is a collection of writing much of it by other authors, all of whom validate and support Zerzan's assessment of human kind's "fall from grace" as a consequence of agriculture and the division of labour. These are not writers from the lunatic fringe (although "they" would have us think so), but they are highly learned academics, philosophers and figures from history as well as contempory scholars who's work has been collected by Zerzan and assembled for us in such a way that we too can benefit from their insights and extensive study in one small volume. If you never read another book I urge you to read this one!
on 17 September 2012
What a great read! Interesting, informative and educational, well worth a look by anyone wanting an alternative view on human and animal life in the 21st century. A special mention for the books most enjoyable chapter: Revolt Of The Bats by Alon K Raab - absolutely brilliant!