5.0 out of 5 stars It really rates five THOUSAND stars!
Published on 25 Mar. 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars love you forever
read reviews before purchasing book but got it anyway can honestly say its one of the strangest books every read definately not one for me!!
Published on 4 Jan. 2011 by Michaela Trainor

5.0 out of 5 stars It really rates five THOUSAND stars!, 25 Mar. 1999
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
A few short years ago I was caring for my elderly mother, frail from Parkinson's Disease, at the same time I was raising two young children. My mother had become so thin that I could lift her almost the same as I lifted my children. I put her to bed every night, as I did my chldren, and after taking great care to adjust her pillow, I would spend some time just staring into her deep blue eyes and she would look at me and softly say "I love you, I love you, I love you," before drifting off to sleep. "Love You Forever" is a true story. It's the story of how my mother grew old and became a child again and loved me through it all, and how my children are getting bigger now and how even I am getting older, and how I will love them forever, wherever they are in the whole wide world, the same way my mother loved me, even when she was old and frail. If I had thought to do so, I would have read this book at my mother's funeral. (I am touched to see that another reader did just that.)I read this book to my children when they were little, but they were too young to understand. (You see, it is not a children's book at all.)When my children are grown - or at what seems to be the right time - I want them each to have a copy of this tender metaphor of parent love.

5.0 out of 5 stars love you forever, 24 Mar. 2006
this book is lovely for parents regardless of the age of their children.It tells the story of a mothers love for her son throughout his/her life.A lovely gift for mothers everywhere!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book at Amazon.com?, 23 Feb. 1999
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
This could well be the most important book carried by Amazon. It captures the essence of unconditional love, reminds the reader that children behave as well as they are treated, and that they will treat their parents later as they themselves were treated in the earliest years. I love this book with all my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars beware you shall well up the first time you read this book, 4 Oct. 2006
woolyPULI (Bonnie Scotland) - See all my reviews
a beautiful book with a message of love this book shows even the youngest child that no matter how naughty they have been or how flustered their parent has become "i'll love you forever, i'll like you for always....." a lovely book with a message of love each and every time you share this book with your child

5.0 out of 5 stars Sad but a book to be passed down ......., 28 April 2012
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
I obtained this book from our local library .I had heard about it from the childrens books you must read list .After reading the reviews on here i knew it was going to be one of those books that was going to touch me in the same way the giving tree did (for different reasons though).
I honestly didnt realise quite how much it would affect me.I read it and before i was even half way through i was crying my eyes out .I tried to explain the book to my mother in law and husband and i couldnt even get the words out without tears streaming down ...That night i read it to my daughter who is 3 1/2 and i managed to get to the last page before the tears fell.
As other commenters have said i would agree in that this isnt really a childrens story more of a lovely heart bursting with love story for adults who have children.It does make you cry as well as really smile ..dont be put off
Im not sure if i had read this before i had my children that i would of felt the same ..its difficult to say
Its the story of a mother who after every night rocks her son back and forth and says that she will love him forever..this carried on throughout the book and as the boy grows and goes through various stages of growing up the mothers love and the reciting of the little poem never changes till eventually the mother gets old and ..well i wont spoil it ....Call me an over emotional old fool but this is a book i will purchase and pass on to my daughter when shes of an age to understand ..i hope it touches her in the same way ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 19 Jun. 1999
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
The first time I heard this book I was in the 3rd grade. It went straight to my heart and stayed there... Everytime I read this book I get teary eyed. It shows a strong everlasting devotion between mother and son showing that no matter how old one gets they can never get too old for their mommys love! 5 full stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 times 500 stars are not enough, 10 May 1999
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
This book was read to an auditorium full of mothers and daughters at a mother daughter supper. There was not a dry eye in the house. I was very touched by this book and went home and hugged my elderly mother and told her I loved her. I fully intend to add it to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars It means so much..., 14 Nov. 2003
I had read a shortened version of this book over email some time ago. At the time it really stuck a cord as I was a mother of two boys and could see that rather than a mother stalking her son as he grew, it is in fact a demonstration of how great a mothers love is.
Last year my thrid son was stillborn, it has been a difficult time for us and often people think that we do not love our son who died as much as those that we have with us. One of the reviews I read on here informed me that in fact the author of the book has dedicated the book to two of his children that were sadly stillborn. It goes to prove what I have been trying to say to so many thoughtless people, that just becuase your baby is not with you, it does not mean they are forgotten and unloved. In the short time you spent with them you imagined a whole life time of love with them and had dreams and aspiations for their future and these feelings continue even after their precious life has ended.
A truly lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful wonderful book, 6 Feb. 2006
this book is an emotional experience! i bought it for my children when my mother died to help explain the cycle of life, i still cant read it without crying!!!i have since given copies to many friends in times of grief , everyone has loved it, one of my favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 12 Jan. 2006
F. Jackson (UK) - See all my reviews
I first saw this book in a store in America and could not hold back my tears reading it in the store. It tells the simple story of a mothers love for her son. I bought it for my son (even though he is in his 20's) to let him know how much I love him. When I returned to America a couple of years later I bought another copy as the story is so wonderful, children just love it. Tears still fall when I read it. Now my son is going to have a baby of his own and I'm sure he'll be reading it to his child. This is truly a wonderful book.

Love You Forever
Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (Paperback - 31 Dec. 1986)