5.0 out of 5 stars It really rates five THOUSAND stars!
Published on 25 Mar 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars love you forever
read reviews before purchasing book but got it anyway can honestly say its one of the strangest books every read definately not one for me!!
Published on 4 Jan 2011 by Michaela Trainor

5.0 out of 5 stars It really rates five THOUSAND stars!, 25 Mar 1999
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
A few short years ago I was caring for my elderly mother, frail from Parkinson's Disease, at the same time I was raising two young children. My mother had become so thin that I could lift her almost the same as I lifted my children. I put her to bed every night, as I did my chldren, and after taking great care to adjust her pillow, I would spend some time just staring into her deep blue eyes and she would look at me and softly say "I love you, I love you, I love you," before drifting off to sleep. "Love You Forever" is a true story. It's the story of how my mother grew old and became a child again and loved me through it all, and how my children are getting bigger now and how even I am getting older, and how I will love them forever, wherever they are in the whole wide world, the same way my mother loved me, even when she was old and frail. If I had thought to do so, I would have read this book at my mother's funeral. (I am touched to see that another reader did just that.)I read this book to my children when they were little, but they were too young to understand. (You see, it is not a children's book at all.)When my children are grown - or at what seems to be the right time - I want them each to have a copy of this tender metaphor of parent love.

5.0 out of 5 stars love you forever, 24 Mar 2006
this book is lovely for parents regardless of the age of their children.It tells the story of a mothers love for her son throughout his/her life.A lovely gift for mothers everywhere!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest!, 12 Mar 1997
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
If you want to see a bunch of hardened Social Workers cry; read them this book. We sat around and boo hooed like babies.
If more parents read this book to their children I might be out of a job; wouldn't that be wonderful?
May "Love You Forever" never go out of print.

5.0 out of 5 stars An explanation of intergenerational love and faithfulness, 2 April 2001
Sunil Raheja (Southall, England) - See all my reviews
A deeply profound explantion of how a parent loves their child, humourously told in a lovely popetic style. It challenges me deeply every time I read it to my young children to think about them and my own parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly touching book, 20 Nov 1997
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
I picked up this book quite by chance the other day in the store and read it through. At first it was the humor of the mom sneaking through to have one more "rocking" for the night. I was in tears by the end of the book and I don't even know why. I bought the book immediately, but it will interesting to try and read it without breaking up in tears. I tried to put the book back on the shelf, but it stayed firmly in my shopping cart. I did wonder about the picture of the mom driving across town to rock her adult son, but then I decided perhaps that was analyzing too much! A great book, which seems to show that kids are listening even when you are convinced they are not. The little boy heard his mother's lullaby even though he was asleep, so he could then pass it on to his own little one.

5.0 out of 5 stars i want to cry, 14 Jan 2001
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
I read this a long long time ago when I was a little girl and I lost the book. back then it didnt matter much but now that i'm going through tough times and i truly know the value of this book now. every time i think of a mother singing such wonderful words to her child and about such unconditional love i cry. i'm proud to say i love my mother like this and despite reader-from-alabama's comments i am a daughter and i think she's missing the point of the book entirely....
I'm getting this book again soon and I have no intention to lose it. Rather I plan to keep it for when I have children many years from now. This si the kind of book you will remember for the rest of your life. I havent read it in many years yet I remember everything about it.
Thank you to Robert Munsch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never in my life have I ever been so touched by one book., 23 Oct 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Love You Forever (Hardcover)
Never in my life have I ever been so touched by one book. I have two daughters, Nicole, 5, and Emily, 2. It is my honor to read to them each night. The process is simple, they pick the stories and I read it to them. But on this one night, reading them a story was not simple. "Love you forever" was like no children's book I have read. In short, by books end I was in complete tears and hugging my two daughters and never wanting to let go. And though I did eventually let go of them physically, this book reinforced in me the thought that as long as I am alive, my two girls will be my little babies forever and always. Thanking you for reaching a part of my heart I didn't know existed. Michael Romeo (romeomj@earthlink.net) Burbank, CA

5.0 out of 5 stars It means so much..., 14 Nov 2003
I had read a shortened version of this book over email some time ago. At the time it really stuck a cord as I was a mother of two boys and could see that rather than a mother stalking her son as he grew, it is in fact a demonstration of how great a mothers love is.
Last year my thrid son was stillborn, it has been a difficult time for us and often people think that we do not love our son who died as much as those that we have with us. One of the reviews I read on here informed me that in fact the author of the book has dedicated the book to two of his children that were sadly stillborn. It goes to prove what I have been trying to say to so many thoughtless people, that just becuase your baby is not with you, it does not mean they are forgotten and unloved. In the short time you spent with them you imagined a whole life time of love with them and had dreams and aspiations for their future and these feelings continue even after their precious life has ended.
A truly lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars beware you shall well up the first time you read this book, 4 Oct 2006
woolyPULI (Bonnie Scotland) - See all my reviews
a beautiful book with a message of love this book shows even the youngest child that no matter how naughty they have been or how flustered their parent has become "i'll love you forever, i'll like you for always....." a lovely book with a message of love each and every time you share this book with your child

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, 7 Mar 2005
This review is from: Love You Forever (Paperback)
When my canadian sister-in-law purchased this book for me, I thought it was a little odd, until I read it for the first time to my 4 year old little boy. I cried. I thought how silly I was. When I read it for the second time, I cried again. It is so touching. I have lent it to my friend, she cried just reading it to herself. It is my favourite book to read to my little boy, although he has grown out of it now (he's 6 and a half). A fantastic book, lovely illustrations, buy it for all your friends.

Love You Forever
Love You Forever by Robert Munsch (Paperback - 31 Dec 1986)
4.02