1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars A clear book about a subtle method of body work, 28 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Elusive Obvious (Hardcover)
I read this book in my first year working with Feldenkrais practitioners, already aware of the potency of this method. The title fits the work very well: new patterns of movement, once discovered, can quickly become obvious.

This book won't give you the experience: for that you need to work with a practitioner, carry out exercises in reponse to spoken directions (some free ones on http://www.feldenkrais.co.uk/) or in response to written directions in (eg) Feldenkrais' book "Awareness Through Movement".

This book gives you the mature man's reflections on his method and his life's work, enlivened by his anecdotes. It was wonderful to read how a girl with cerebral palsy could be helped to the extent she had a career as a professional dancer. I found it easier to read than his earlier books but expect to enjoy re-reading it. Then I can improve this review.

I am prejudiced: on observing the changes Feldenkrais Method was making to my body I decided to train as a practitioner.

The Elusive Obvious
The Elusive Obvious by Moshe Feldenkrais (Hardcover - 8 Feb. 1981)