5.0 out of 5 stars A true gem among books
Published on 30 April 1997

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not gospel
The Way of the Peaceful Warrior is a semi-autobiographical piece that describes the personal and spirtual growth of its author as he is taught by a wise, cute, funny old man.
I have to say that I have mixed feelings toward this book. I first read it about four years ago. I have recommended it to a few people and bought it for a few others.
Four years ago I...
Published on 20 Oct. 2001

5.0 out of 5 stars A true gem among books, 30 April 1997
By A Customer
In this life, some of us read many books and some of us read very few. And yet, even those with the most expansive reading lists rarely come upon a book that truly changes their lives. For me, at least, this book was one such gem among the millions. I sat down one Saturday afternoon, intending to read only the first chapter. I put the book down about four hours later in a state of wonder and awe, alive with the confidence that I could positively alter my life. What I found was that this book solidified a lot of what I had been thinking about for several years. After reading this, I felt like everything made perfect sense. I felt like I could gain the strength to meet the world on the level that I wanted to. And I still do. This book was an inspiration for me to begin to change my life in wonderful ways. Several months later, and after having read another of Mr. Millman's books, "No Ordinary Moments," I have begun to bring myself out of my self-destructive habits. I have stopped biting my fingernails; I am no longer addicted to Coca-Cola or related products; I am more in touch with and more capable of expressing my emotions. Most important of all, however, is this: for the first time since about eight years ago, I am beginning to have a positive self-image. This may not sound like anything particularly wonderful, but this book and its author have the power to change lives, and the fact remains: my life IS changing. Regardless of who you are, I recommend reading this book. Even if it doesn't bring your world into perspective or make you effect change in your life, it will at least give you another interesting view of the world, one with which it is well worth your while to be familiar. Even if it doesn't change your outlook on life, it is a wonderful and uplifting story. For anyone on any spiritual journey, or anyone that wishes to realize the potential of their life, this is a worthwhile read. I cannot think of a book that I would recommend more highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Way of the Peaceful Warrior, 11 Mar. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: The Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives (Paperback)
I first saw this book in the library, and was attracted by the cover. Since then I have read this book several times and so have many of my friends. No book can change your life unless you are willing to put some work into changing yourself or getting in touch with yourself. This book has helped me to get back in touch with my intuition and the magic and wisdom in life. Its true, there are "No Ordinary Moments"

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this book at least once, 16 Mar. 1999
By A Customer
This book is my Bible, whenever life is getting me down or I just need to realign my sights I read it again. It's the only book I've read more than once, probably six times by now and each time I find something new in it and it starts me thinking. Everyone has a Socrates somewhere, it isn't always as obvious as Dan's friend but someone, somewhere is watching our for each of us. Throughout our lives we have many teachers, often they are disguised or appear when we least expect them however, we must always be ready to learn so we don't miss a valuable lesson in life. This book will teach you a few lessons. Read it once at least and then decide for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 31 Jan. 2005
By A Customer
I read this book over a weekend and could not put it down. It is well written, easy to read, helpful and inspiring. For example, if your past is holding you back in any way this book helps you to free yourself by showing you how to live life in the here and now. It has helped me in many ways and I am now going to read Sacred Journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately worth buying..., 7 May 2004
By A Customer
I first became attracted to this book simply from the many positive reviews but also because i am taking a gradually increasing interest in philisophical literature. This book was truly amazing. All matters and questions covered are easy for anyone to relate to in one's everyday life, and have great significance. There is a prominent metaphorical sense to the relatively autobiographical novel thats most captivating. For anyone who has considered how to discover happiness or simply wondered upon such matters as the significance of life and questioned its true importance then this book is for you. Even if your just looking for an intriguing book about something different then I highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on its subject since Carlos Castaneda, 8 April 2006
As a devoted reader of Carlos Castaneda I was worried that this book may be another diluted mock-up on the subject of spiritual Warriors. I was DELIGHTED. This is a book I would give to anyone to read for pleasure and to those following the path of the spiritual warrior. I have been on this particular path myself for about 12yrs and feel I can comment fairly on this book. I wish I could give this book 10 stars or more. As Dan Millman recounts each experience, he adds fictional stories as an extra teaching method, so the message really gets through. This is the teaching method used by Spiritual Warriors and Millman has made an excellent job of it. ENJOY!

5.0 out of 5 stars The path to true unlimited happiness, 6 Dec. 2006
Ajoobacats "Ajooba Cats" (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This book is very easy to read, it is relatable and humorous. I found the messages deep and uplifting and it does make you examine your life and priorities. It also enlightens with a deeper understanding of mind and body. This is a lot to achieve in such a small volume. It is challenging and illuminating and I don't think there are any emotions it does not address. The only criticism I feel I have is that I'm not a world class gymnast, but maybe I have more to learn. The more open you are the more you will gain from The Way of the Peaceful Warrior

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Nov. 2006
Spider Monkey (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a brilliant book and an excellent starting place on your spiritual journey. It is easy to read and very enjoyable and leaves you feeling refreshed and with a renewed vigour to go out and change yourself and refocus you on your path in life. I have to admit it is a touch simplistic (which lovers of this book will hate me for saying!) but I do love this book and believe it is a good foundation to deeper spiritual training and an accessible book to come back to in those lighter moments. This is one to pass around and share.

Feel free to check out my blog which can be found on my profile page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Take it how you want but you won't want to put it down!, 18 Aug. 1997
By A Customer
A friend recommended this book to me and it changed my life.
This is a well written, easily read book of personal growth. Initially I set out reading the book as a story and soon found that I became a part of it, living and feeling the story as it unfolded. I now own a well thumbed paper back copy.
Dan, the author and world class athlete tells his own story of spiritual growth as he meets the challenges of life helped by the sometimes obtuse council of his mentor. It's a book which once you pick it up, even on the third or fourth read you just don't want to put it down and each time you read it new gems of wisdom will become apparent in the writing. We each have our own vision and purpose in life, just remember - "there are no ordinary moments".

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, Though provoking, reflects on what is important, 11 Jun. 2002
Something of a classic, Millman reflects on the simplistic importance of reflection and action through the story of Dan the arrogant and succesful young athlete.
We are probably all Dan I know I was, The simple questions his mentor poses and with which he struggles, Are there facing us if we choose to look,
A powerful book, if you allow it to be so, For me it has become a sort of personal bible , to be picked up and delved into periodically very helpful and an inspiring gift.
Read this then his "sacred journey".

The Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives
The Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives by Dan Millman (Paperback - 1 Sept. 2000)