4.0 out of 5 stars I almost put this book down....
Published on 25 May 2004 by Dr. Whe Warrilow

3.0 out of 5 stars Spooky!
Published on 18 July 2001

4.0 out of 5 stars I almost put this book down...., 25 May 2004
Dr. Whe Warrilow (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Life You Were Born to Live: Finding Your Life Purpose (Paperback)
I picked this book up whilst browsing in a bookstore; I almost put it straight back on the shelf when I realized it was "numerology" (i.e. hokum in my experience); but on impulse, I kept on reading; and in thirty minutes I was riveted. I cannot explain HOW this works; but there is an uncanny accuracy to the insights this book reveals. I found myself with a wry grin recognizing very specific, very pertinent themes that were congruent with my experience. I have now bought the book, as I feel it might prove very helpful in understanding my wife, my children and others' life tasks. Don't let your cynicism stop you reading this book; pick it up, apply its method, and let your heart judge its value. I think you will be (pleasantly!) surprised...

4.0 out of 5 stars No denying the accuracy, 24 Jun 2002
Claire (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I learnt the basics of numerology some years ago and whilst not understanding why it worked have used it as a tool of insight. When I picked up this book and bought it I had no idea until I got it home that there was any association with birhtdates at all. This book has served to instil even more faith in the significance of birthdates in life lessons. Those who cannot accept what they read may find that the issue is something they've either moved past through growth or are yet to accept about themselves. The book is a tool I will continue to use. Claire - 34/7

5.0 out of 5 stars Only junk when one denies life as it comes - ignorant!, 26 Sep 1998
By A Customer
I got this book 3 years ago during a time when I did not want to see many home truths that were blatantly obvious to all but myself. I read it then and almost threw it out the back door. However, I am mighty pleased with myself for keeping it. I now realise how ignorant I was then.
After much growth and acceptance of my past and present personal experiences, I have read this book again and have seen the messages in a different light.
It was not easy to see the truths of myself but I have no doubt that I am here to learn lessons in this lifetime. For all the things that has happened to me, I have jumped tremendous hurdles in my 25 years so far. I work with many people who lack clarity of direction in life now and I see a trend in what the theories in this book offer.
I thoroughly recommend this book to one and all, however I hope that we all know well enough that there is nothing on earth that gives us all the answers. There is no black and white, only shades of gray. Be wary of taking this in place of a bible cos, that would be a dishonour to the author. See it for what it is and take the coloured glasses off. Perhaps then we can have a better view of where we are and why we are here.
This book does not make the whole equation. The balance come from us knowing who we are appreciating ourselves for being us. We are who we make ourselves to be. It is our destiny to use the tools given to us to help us be who we are meant to be. Everyone is given different tools. It is up to us to decide if whe make us of it. It will become clear if we open ourselves without judgement.

5.0 out of 5 stars frighteningly accurate, 26 Nov 2000
By A Customer
I would not normally even approach such a book, if it were not lent to me by someone whom I trust and admire so much.
I consider myself a skeptic, but found the information given incredibly accurate, and specific.
This book is a little unsettling as it does not fit with my understanding of the universe. I deny neither the rational nor the mystical, yet this book's placing between the two was uncomfortable for me. It is beyond my understanding that what seem such arbritary divisions of people can be so squarely and accurately categorized. But if the universe fitted entirely with my dull and tiny understanding, there would be no life either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Uncanny Descriptions, 13 July 1999
By A Customer
I'm not a believer in numerology or astrology. However, when given the challenge, I found it difficult to disprove the rather uncanny descriptions of life paths in this book. When I was first introduced to this book, I assumed it was all hocus-pocus and a complete waste of time. Now, I am glad I took the time to read it. Overall, Mr. Millman has written a good book and I encourage everyone to read it. You don't have to believe everything you read but you just might find strangely accurate details about your life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Spooky!, 18 July 2001
By A Customer
I have to agree with most of the others - this is uncanny. As I was born by c-section I didn't think it would apply to me but it does. When I read the section on my numbers I couldn't believe it - it summed up exactly what I'm going through - a perfect description of my life to date. As yet the jury is still out on whether it will help me to live "the life I was born to live", I'll get back to you on that one.

5.0 out of 5 stars ON TARGET AND AN EXCELLENT LIFE TOOL, 25 Jan 1999
By A Customer
As a numerologist and psyche consultant, I use Mr. Millman's book in my daily work. I take over 300 calls a month from people who are looking for answers and "The Life You Were Born To Live" assists me in providing them. My path is that of a 34/7 who has learned to "trust, be open and have faith in the spiritual process." I'm committed to service and supporting others in finding their highest good. I recommend this book to my clients as a tool for developing better coping skills in life. I wish it were required reading in high schools.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS THE BEST BOOK I HAVE EVER READ..I STRONGLY RECOMMEND, 25 Oct 1998
By A Customer
I am truly thankfull that Dan Millman has shared his wisdom with others like me.I really changed my life around and noticed the things i didnt like about me and was aware that i could accept and realize that only i could create,and destroy what i want and dont want in my life.The knowledge that Dan has shared in his book is simple lessons which we already knew but didnt reconize.Thank you Dan Millman..

5.0 out of 5 stars When the time comes, you'll see exactly how accurate it is!!, 3 Feb 2001
By A Customer
This book was recommended recently by a friend in Sidney, I borrowed it and couldn't put it down. Somehow it was a best seller over there and it took me a couple of weeks to get hold off my own copy!
I can just say that I completely agree with the statements of "A reader from Nashville", "Joy", "Leila" & "A reader from New Zealand"!
Although I'm a sceptic mostly, I'm a firm believer that numerology is of the - if not the - most accurate way of describing the path etc. of a person. Dan M.'s book is based on the life path aspects of numerology with some differences, such as "adding" "10" & "12" numbers. It is still uncanny how accurate it was in depicting my number (I couldn't say if it's exactly as accurate as numerology, or even slightly more so!) and I'm convinced that "J. Balbirnie" will see exactly what I mean when the time comes. Dan M. says himself at the end of his book, that one reader wrote to him, first thinking his book was rubbish, it however ended up making a lot of sense to him a few years down the path!
Excellent reading, I highly recommend it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly Accurate, But What Now ?, 1 Feb 2010
Tazz Rainbow (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this book after minutes of flicking through it in a book store. It was exactly what I was looking for at that point in my life. I even paid full price for it which is something I never do with books, but I had to have it, now !!!

I did the numerology thing, bearing in mind I know about the concepts of numerology but have always thought it was a load of crud, until I read this book. What is said about me was so accurate it was scary !! It had me down to a 't' including pointing some things out to me which I was ignoring about myself.

The next step then is to learn your lessons which are laid out in the book. Unfortunately I found the lessons just the same as in any other self help book. And having the low attention span that I do, I gave up very quick. I expected this book to show me how to solve my life issues. But being the number I am, I was warned by the book that I expect all my answers outside of myself, chasing each teacher rather than believing I already know the solutions. So part of the time at work I try to remember to ask myself; "What if I knew the answer already?", and I'm impressed that I come up with a creative solution to problems. So the book did help me there. I just wish the lessons would have been more exciting rather than the same drone in every other self help book. I think the author should do number workshops, a workshop only for 7's for example.

All-in-all, this is great to learn something new about yourself. I just wish I could have gone further after the initial "wow".

The Life You Were Born to Live: Finding Your Life Purpose
The Life You Were Born to Live: Finding Your Life Purpose by Dan Millman (Paperback - 27 Mar 1995)
9.31