Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Shop now Shop now Learn more

Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 May 2010
I got this book after having bought several of Vasant Lad's other books (home remedies and cook book) and I am even more of a fan of the way he writes. His style is approachable but still has some good technical information. The book looks at the pulse, food, yoga, the science of Ayurveda and lifestyle as well as other things. It is a great starter and a foundation before going into more depth. Definitely worth picking up and reading.
on 3 July 2010
Ayurveda is quite a complex concept to grasp for Western people as so many parameters have to be taken into consideration. Compliments to Dr. Vasant Lad who has really made a great effort to make it "easier" to understand. Finally a book on Ayurveda that one wants to finish and really read until the end. I definitively enjoyed it and will highly recommend it.
on 27 January 2011
It's practically the best introduction one can have in the science of Ayurveda. It gives you an overall explanation of all the fields and helps you find your own constitution as well!
on 29 January 2013
I cannot believe how difficult this subject is to learn, but this book goes along way to explaining the basic system, of the best system in the world.
on 6 May 2013
The book arrive in time and was in good condition. If you love Ayurveda books you won't be disappointed. Lots of information about how the illness come and how to cure them with his method.
on 24 January 2011
This book is more detailed than the handbook of Ayurveda by Dr Godagama, however again not detailed enough to teach myself. I would recommend it though.
on 22 December 2014
I really liked this book. Simple yet effective. Makes it applicable to our western lives. I would read it again and again.
on 28 December 2013
I would recommend this book if you are I interested in Ayurveda, it's full of interesting facts, try & get a 2 nd hand copy like I did it'll save you money
on 12 April 2016
So interesting that I couldn't put the book down, read it in one day... will take many, many more days to put it into practice!
I did find that I had to keep re-reading and referring back to previous chapters to understand the meaning of many foreign words to me, they are all explained but it's a bit like learning a new language...needing to keep repeating it until it finally sinks in to stay.
on 11 January 2015
liking it very much so far. glad that there is other things than Chinese and western medicine...