4.0 out of 5 stars A mini deck with maximum impact
Published on 2 July 2007 by Miss W. Merrymoon

3.0 out of 5 stars as described
advertised as miniature but still smaller than expected
not as useful as I thought they would be especially as eyes not as good now
Published on 20 Dec. 2012 by flash

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A mini deck with maximum impact, 2 July 2007
Miss W. Merrymoon "Willow Merrymoon" (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rider Waite Tarot Deck: Mini (Cards)
The Rider Waite Tarot is probably the most influential deck of the twentieth century and makes an excellent foundation for students of the Tarot to build on. It's symbolism is clear and instantly recognisable. This mini version loses nothing by being small, and it is so easy to carry about one's person. This deck was the first to have a fully-illustrated Minor Arcana, and the images are captivating, as well as making for much easier learning of the card meanings. It is an excellent deck to use for meditation and I highly recomment the Rider Waite Tarot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cards, 24 Oct. 2009
K. A. Newton (North West England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Rider Waite Tarot Deck: Mini (Cards)
I first of all congratulate Amazon and the delivery service for getting these to me 5 days before the original estimated delivery date despite 2 x 24 hr postal strikes.

I have decided to return to the Tarot after a break and bought a book to renew and reinforce my understanding. The book used this pack (with another) as part of the "course" so I sent for this pack and a pack of my favourite Marseilles.

I have to admit it is not my favourite pack for actual readings but that is personal preference.

I did have a larger sized pack of these but the cards were too big for comfortable shuffling - yet I don't have small hands.

This pack is a perfect size to handle. The cards are 3 inches high x one and three quarter inches wide.

They have a nice shiny surface so slide easily over each other. They are coloured the same as my previous pack so the printing is ok.

Lots of beginners like these because almost all the cards have descriptive pictures.

Someone else has said in a review that they are handbag sized. He/She were right. I have not laid them out on a table yet but they will make the larger spreads fit a smaller space. Common sense really.

Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rider Waite mini Tarot cards, 30 Nov. 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Rider Waite Tarot Deck: Mini (Cards)
These really are the most ideal handbag sized cards.
They have the most vibrant colours of the Rider Waites and are still of adequate size to give a worthwhile reading.
I have searched for a long time for a pack as useful as this!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best little book in the world, 3 April 2009
This review is from: Rider Waite Tarot Deck: Mini (Cards)
The Waite-Rider Tarot is probably still the most loyal to original Tarot and Qabalistic philosophy. Even though Crowley's Thoth pack is so crammed with esoteric symbolism, fantastic draughtsmanship and sheer energy it is too full of Crowley and his obsession with sex. This mini-pack is an excellent pocket-sized version of the Waite pack - good quality card and colours - and can be used for divination perfectly easily or just perused and contemplated whenever one feels the need to escape temporarily from the ennui of daily life! Take it to work, take it on holiday, take it anywhere and never be without the Book of Life! Great value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 13 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Rider Waite Tarot Deck: Mini (Cards)
All hail Royal Mail, got these in the midst of snow, great job. Fantastic cards, very small and perfect for handbag or travelling. Fairly good quality, although not thick board they are laminated both sides so will wear well for a while before they need replacing. Bought for size not durability.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect size, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Rider Waite Tarot Deck: Mini (Cards)
Lovely cards, perfect size for your bag or pocket. I also have the larger size but these are much more user friendly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cards:), 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Rider Waite Tarot Deck: Mini (Cards)
It is a cute little version for a very good price. Everything that I expected:) I'm happy with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent portable deck, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Rider Waite Tarot Deck: Mini (Cards)
I wanted a smaller version of the Rider Waite deck for a couple of reasons. One, I like to be able to carry my cards around with me and two, having fairly small hands, I find it hard to shuffle the larger decks. This size is perfect for me, small enough to be portable and easy to shuffle, yet large enough for the images on the cards to be clearly visible in all their detail.

I know not everyone likes the Rider Waite tarot but I do, it is one of the decks that 'speaks' to me and one that I find myself going back to on a regular basis. I think it's an excellent starter deck if you are looking to learn tarot but do, please, invest in a good guide to the tarot and don't just rely on the (actually quite detailed) little booklet inserted in the box along with the deck. My advice would be to take your time, read reviews and then choose the book which you think will suit your needs best.

I don't think you can go wrong with this deck as a starter as many others are based on or have been inspired by it, and quite a lot of the books seem to use it as a basis too.

4.0 out of 5 stars tarot deck, 4 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Rider Waite Tarot Deck: Mini (Cards)
A very good deck. The miniature size is just what I wanted. It will help with the tree of life to know where the card sit on the tree.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Gems!, 16 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Rider Waite Tarot Deck: Mini (Cards)
As another reviewer says they fit nicely into a handbag, and are not too heavy either. But for people with small hands they are a boon - so easy to handle, and for that reason are good for the younger generation to learn with. The classic imagery of these cards will last forever I'm sure.

Another reason I like these is they can sit on my 'every day' altar with out cluttering it up. :)

If you're thinking about Tarot they're also a good price for a beginners deck.

Highly recommended!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Rider Waite Tarot Deck: Mini
Rider Waite Tarot Deck: Mini by Professor Arthur Edward Waite (Cards - 2 Dec. 1993)