on 1 February 2016
I have collected so many Tarot decks over the years,
There are many that were not for me, I know it is an individual preference.
I have read with these cards and it is all appropriate, so it is a positive from me.
on 24 September 2014
Bought for the artwork, which is beautiful, detailed and thought provoking. It's shame the back of the cards don't have the 007 logo on them. The cards pips don't have individual artwork- it's a Marseilles style deck, so the trumps are even more special when they appear alongside them. Some people criticize the art style as being too dark(?!), but even Death is smiling and you won't find a star or sun illustration with bigger smiles. The mini-booklet is less than card size, but 43 pages long with the basics of how to read the Celtic Cross spread. Nice thick card stock with a very slidey shuffle-able surface.
on 9 December 2015
This is definitely the "marmite" of tarot cards - my partner hates it, but I love it! The artwork style is not to everyone's taste, and the fact that there are no pictures on the pip cards, make this not an ideal deck for starters (like me) but I personally find that there is something about this deck that speaks to me. The almost Dali-esque Major Arcana cards are just fantastic, and the deck resonates with rich and vibrant colours in a way that draws you in. There is a mass of hidden detail to be found too, and I am looking forward to reading with this deck when I am more experienced. My deck came with the Stuart R Kaplan book, which while interesting, does not really go in to any great depth on interpretation. It's nice to have, but not worth spending a lot of money on to buy separately.

If there is a negative, it's that the LWB that came with my set was a little dated in it's view of tarot, but that in itself has a certain charm.

All in all, a fantastic deck, and well worth checking out.
on 6 May 1997
I liked the artwork on the tarot cards. A good deck to work with, the cards are enlighting.The book gave a good insight on the cards and help with basic instructions.
on 3 May 2008
I purchased this deck several years ago and found it so disturbing that I abandoned tarot study until quite recently. I agree with the above reviewer about the fragmented energies of this pack. I found the images somehow deeply disturbing although quite cartoonish and they gave me a very creepy feeling. Impossible to meditate with these cards - at least I found them impossible to meditate with. There are plenty of very good tarot decks about and I'm currently using a Rider Waite deck with great success and much satisfaction. I know everybody is different and there maybe those to whom this deck really speaks, however I felt I should share my experiences here. I have been interested in the Occult and Qabala for some time now and am not easily "spooked" but I admit these cards unnerved me.
on 16 July 2015
This deck carries lots of energy and the art work by Fergus Hall is simply stunning. Although not a popular deck with some because of the pip cards I feel it's pictures and symbols evoke more intuition and focus from the reader. A great deck.
on 11 February 2008
Tarot of the Witches?
Tarot of the macabre! I am a professional tarot reader and have been reading now for about 10 years, this is the only deck that I do not feel happy with using! The images do not sit easy on the eye at all, the deck has the most confusing energies, fragmenting thoughts.
It is as if the deck has been created for us to fear the hobgoblins, its like watching a childs horror movies. For the tarot reader not to be inspired but shocked. Very Bizarre.
on 7 May 2012
The author and artist of this deck is Fergus Hall. The Tarot of the Witches is very distinctive due to the style of the images and the picture on the box is very typical of that style. Bold colours are used throughout the Major Arcana. The Minor Arcana cards are not fully illustrated, showing 'pips' rather than pictures. Interestingly, the swords show a winged foot; batons (wands), a clenched hand above a twig; cups, a heart with cupid's arrow through it; and coins (pentacles), an open eye with flames above it and a path through hills below it.

This deck was featured in the James Bond film, 'Live and Let Die'.
on 18 December 2015
I do like these cards,I've had them years now and they remind me of a family holiday in Wales where I brought them from a new age shop.For awhile (before I discovered the joy of a fully illustrated minor Arcana ) they were my 'go to' working deck,I brought them since I liked the artwork and also had started studying witchcraft.They are not exactly a 'witch' or 'pagan' themed deck as you would expect(If looking for that try Pagan ways tarot by Anna Franklin -it's stunningly beautiful and has a great guidebook) but the artwork is very nice,stark and kind of dreamlike,but sort of bright too.Sadly though the minor Arcana cards are less illustrated,five of pentacles is just five pentacles,nine of cups is just nine cups,nothing really to go on for your intuition,so while I do love the deck I mostly just use it when doing a major Arcana only reading.It is a nice one to add to your collection.
on 20 February 2015
Not the most attractive Tarot cards I have ever seen but work very well