5.0 out of 5 stars Tyhis is the deepest tarot deck you will find.
THe Thoth tarot deck is the best and deepest deck you will ever find, I have used it now for at least 12 years and every reading is quite deep. The cards have so much detail that you can never fail to get something out of each session you have with the cards.
If you are looking for a really good and very deep deck, this is the one for you.
Published on 18 Feb. 2004 by Master Iskander

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
It is an unusual pack with very imaginative illustrations.
Published 7 months ago by S

5.0 out of 5 stars Tyhis is the deepest tarot deck you will find., 18 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck (Cards)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best version of one of the classic Tarot decks, 31 July 2005
This review is from: Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck (Cards)
Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot is arguably the most significant Tarot deck ever produced. He claimed to have put the whole of his Magickal mind into the deck, which was produced over a four-year period with his artist executant, Lady Frieda Harris. It certainly is one of the most aesthetically satisfying decks around and I find that using it helps me to deepen my knowledge of Tarot at many levels and brings out things that I would easily miss in other decks.
This edition is the largest version of the cards, roughly the size of postcards. As such they are not the easiest deck to work with in divination but the extra size is immensely valuable when the goal is meditation or detailed examination of the card symbolism. (No deck is more rewarding than this one for this kind of work.) Personally I keep this edition for home study and a smaller edition for my work as a professional Tarot reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Thoth deck is one of the milestones of Tarot's evolution, 25 Dec. 2000
adam@new-tech.fsnet.co.uk (The Wescountry, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck (Cards)
1910 saw the introduction of the Rider-Waite tarot which was considered as revoloutionary, the Thoth came out about 35 years later and I think it was the next big step for all concerned with this divinatory technique. Not only is the deck supplemented with the Book of Thoth, and Crowley's Qabalistic magnum opus 777, it is artistically superb. Crowley is generally considered, even by his detractors, as the great Magical polymath of the 20th century. This tarot blends all of his Qabalistic, astrological, Hebrew, Thelemic and ceremonial concepts. When you see that Lady Harris was one of the main benefactors of the the last will and testament of Crowley you will understand the profound friendship they shared. This deck took five years to complete and several of the cards were repainted many times to satisfy Crowley's obsession with perfection. The Major Arcana is the best I know of, as are the deacons; and even though the Minor Arcana is lacking in the 'story telling' that is shown in the Rider-Waite it still excercises fascination. This deck is a must for all Thelemites and anyone serious about the Tarot. It simply cannot be ignored. Shuffle with care.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent Tarot Deck, 18 Feb. 1998
This review is from: Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck (Cards)
This Tarot deck earns it's 10 and more. It is beautifully illustrated and easy to comprehend. It is best for those more knowing of esoteric arts but it can also be easily used by the beginner. All of the Minor Arcana have a word at the bottom of the card, making it easy to remember the meaning. Even if you are not a fan of Aleister Crowley, this deck is still a great divination tool and has served me well many times.

5.0 out of 5 stars No green Cards, 20 Jan. 2004
This review is from: Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck (Cards)
You can read the other reviews about beauty of the artwork itself, while I'm focusing to describe this particular edition compared to other editions.
This large Thoth deck (ISBN 0-87728-452-0) is printed in Belgium, but fear not; The cards do *not* have the feared greenish tint. Deck contains 78 cards plus a rainbow coloured Unicursal Hexagram card and O.T.O. card. No extra magus cards.
The colors differ from some editions slightly. For example The
Emperor is quite orange, compared to the Swiss decks, where he is blood red. According the little printing on the border of each card, this deck was printed 1996.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wellworth having, even if you're a beginner..., 10 April 2006
This review is from: Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck (Cards)
This deck is my first departure from the Univeral Waite Tarot deck and it couldn't be more different! I initially bought the smaller Thoth deck, but immediately sent for this larger version when I found the images so stunning! I'm not sure that I will use this particular deck for everyday use - samller cards are easier to handle, and, anyway, I'm attached to the Rider Waite pictorial images on the minor arcana cards - although the Thoth deck's non-pictorial minor arcana designs (and their individual names) are still beautiful and fascinating.
The Thoth Tarot is stimulating and exciting - especially in this large format. If you're a tarot enthusiast, you should own this deck.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware; not a deck for everyone, 21 April 2008
D. Beaver (Northern England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck (Cards)
This renowned deck deserves its reputation. It isn't an easy or beginners deck in any way; the imagery is challenging, very dynamic, deep and overloaded with occult imagery. A very personal deck; personal to Aleister Crowley that is. There is light and dark here and it never tries to put a positive spin on life or to comfort you - as some modern decks do. All of the happiness and suffering of existence is portrayed in this deck and for this reason some people might find it rather uncomfortable.

I'm not in agreement with the Order of the Golden Dawn's ideas or Crowley's breakaway notions and here he went to town. The struggle to fit the Tarot to the Quabbalah, Astrology, etc, etc. is just unnecessary, contrived and produced some quite ugly images and that is what the Tarot is mainly about; images.

On a positive note, this deck is visually stunning. Some cards are breathtaking, especially The Universe, The Star, The Hermit, The Devil, Death and Art. The court cards are probably the best ever drawn and I do like the re-naming used by Crowley of the Court cards - even if the reasoning for it is nonsense. My readings are often very deep and very accurate, but you have to be bold and strong or the cards will just freak you out.

It takes a long time to get the most from these cards and his accompanying Book of Thoth is an interesting and informative read. However, the style is very dated and frankly ridiculous in its attempts to unite everything occult and mysterious into one system.

This deck divides people and although I have had good results using this deck I do have serious reservations and I do understand why it is considered one of the worst decks by some quite experienced tarot readers. So you have been warned!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoth Review, 24 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck Standard (Cards)
Fabulous card deck in that it covers the kabbala, astrology, planets and tarot all wrapped in one card making it very easy to make a complete answer to your questions. Great cards for self development by creating an inner journey that is reflected in the cards.

4.0 out of 5 stars original?, 19 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck Standard (Cards)
Was expecting to find much thicker and stronger paper of cards in a box. My first impression wasn't very extraordinary as supposed to be with Thoth. Colours appears quite bland as well... Anyway, my curiosity was too big to feel disappointed, so I started to study.
I spent about 4 years of using Rider - Waite and Marseilles systems and I should say that Thoth wasn't something completely new. I am enjoying Crowley's alterations with Trumphs, I consider this this very meaningful. However, I've started to struggle with court cards meanings, as those doesn't have any correspondence on reverse position (I prefer to use reversals always). Elemental Dignities system is applied there, which I found quite confusing so far. On a small handbook from the deck you can find those additional 'dignities' meanings (not for all cards), which actually looks just like reversed ones. But I couldn't find any information, that it is accurate to treat them as reversed. So hopefully I will go through this with my studies.
To begin with Thoth I chose 'The Thoth Companion: The Key to the True Symbolic Meaning of the Thoth Tarot', written by Michael Osiris Snuffin.The Thoth Companion: The Key to the True Symbolic Meaning of the Thoth Tarot Also I'm using 'Tarot: Mirror of the Soul: Handbook for the Aleister Crowley Tarot' by Gerd Ziegler, but I had found that my first choice is being more helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant deck in an ideal size, 21 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck Standard (Cards)
I bought this deck to add to my collection.
I was looking for a handy size to carry around with me.
Not only is the size ideal, but the cards I found I could read instantly.
They just made perfect sense to me.
I now prefer this size of tarot cards, just wish they made more.
As for the deck, you will either love it or hate it.
It certainly talks to you, even without a book.
Well worth buying and seeing if they are for you or not.
You won't know unless you buy and try them.

Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck Standard
Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck Standard by Aleister Crowley (Cards - 11 May 2008)