5.0 out of 5 stars At worst an incredibly benign conspiracy....at best??????
Sublime philosophy abounds in this incredible tome.
Attemping to just 'read' and absorb this book would be the equivalent of attempting to stuff a sandwich seven miles high in your mouth. The centre of increasing speculation and debate- (As it should be) demonstrates in itself the potentially world-changing import this book possesses.
This book does not claim...
Published on 20 Jan 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, But Complex
Although I have not read the entire book (which is over 2,000 pages long), from what I have read, it's definately interesting, as well as a mind-opening experience. There are parts of the book that are really interesting, and then there are others parts that are confusing and hard to understand, which is why I rate this book 3 stars instead of 4.
This book is...
Published on 10 Jan 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Utterly ridiculous!, 26 May 1998
This review is from: Urantia Book (Paperback)
The Urantia Book is not worth your time or money! Any thinking person can see it is a hoax just by looking at some of the names of places such as Morontia (must mean it is a place for morons!). Other ridiculous names include Ganad (what if that first a were an o!) and Adamson.
Reading this book is totally confusing. Don't bother! Read the Bible, the Bhagavad Gita, the Torah or some other spiritual scripture, but pass this one by!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exercise tolerance for the many timid and fearful souls., 21 Jan 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Urantia Book (Hardcover)
To read how other people (besides me) preceive the Urantia Book is interesting to say the least. I myself was where some of you are right now, at the beginning; saying who knows and what if? Always questioning, looking for the mistakes and loop holes. Just waiting for that "CULT" infulence to bring it's hidden agenda to my attention. But, to those of you, who are where I am in personal spiritual growth, know it just isn't there. In other words...KEEP READING! I can't urge you enough. "Always seek the truth and you shall find." Now, to those of us whom have read the book and re-read and study the book everyday and hold the knowledge of the truth within your being, know just like I do, that the dissemination of this book (world wide)is of the utmost importance.
Within the pages of the Urantia Book holds the answers to the problems of society. (It is up to the forward looking men and women of the ages who dare to construct a new and appealing philosophy of living out of the enlared and exquisitely integrated modern concepts of cosmic truth, universal beauty and divine goodness. 43:3) This book is suppose to be looked at, scrutinized and compared, but never to be changed or tampered with in any way, for it is meant to with-stand the ages of time. For you know as well as I do, that you cannot tell another how to live or feel about something as diversified as religion. (Religion cannot be bestowed, received, loaned, learned or lost. It is a personal experience which grows proportionally to the growing quest for final values. 1,095:2) Therefore every being must find his own niche, so to speak, for you must live your own religion. The book of truth is to be offered freely to our brethren and only those who sincerely seek the truth will find it. For sadly, not every soul is ready to accept the truth. And Jesus said ("Behold, I stand at the door and knock and if any man will open I will come in." 1,765:4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very deep, fascinating, revelatory and USEFUL information., 30 May 1999
This review is from: Urantia Book (Paperback)
This enormous collection of revealed information and wisdom is a must-read for any serious student of religion, spirituality or the cosmos. I have been reading it on and off for the last few years and consider it one of the most credible sources of spiritual understanding I've ever encountered- and I have been a serious seeker, reader and practioner of spiritual discipline(s) for much of my 48 years. On this long, adventurous, survival-of-the-fittest spiritual journey we've all embarked on we need a guidebook or two. This is one of them. Get the book. Read areas that are most appealing to you first. (It's pretty vast.) Take your time. Savor it. You won't be disappointed. It may change your life. If it seems to daunting at first, get Kelly Elstrott's introduction - "The Fifth Revelation" and go from there. (I haven't read Ellstrott's book yet, but from the reviews and excerpts I've read, it's probably a good place to begin.) Happy trails!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book in all the Universes., 18 Nov 1998
This review is from: Urantia Book (Paperback)
I have read the Urantia Book for many years. It ended my lifelong search for the Truth and compliments my home-study course for a doctoral degree in Metaphysics perfectly. My life has been changed as a result of reading this book and I know those evolved to the level to recognize advanced Truth will cherish this book as much as I do.
I also have read all of the previous reviews pertaining to the Urantia Book. It pained me to read reviews saying that it is nothing but lies and written by humans, etc.. I send love and forgiveness to those that find this book other than what it obviously is, a book of great Truth and Beauty and Love. I particularly forgive the 1-star reviewers, as has Lord Michael, for they know not what they do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Urantia book corrects and clarifies mythical aspects of Bibl, 5 Jun 1999
This review is from: Urantia Book (Paperback)
This tremendous work is a must for the serious seeker. After reading it through three times the content starts to integrate and a universal picture of a fantastic project regarding the supreme development of all conscious creatures takes shape. There is a promise that those humans who sincerely search for truth will pass at the end of this incarnation into a vast and wonderful adventure of perfection. It gives a synopsis of universe stucture and function of its countless attending beings. Then it moves on to the history of our planet including the evolution of life forms and geologic upheavals. The last section is the spellbinding year to year history of Jesus given by attending beings who remember it as if it happened yesterday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind-blowing- get ready to have a happening!!, 16 Nov 1998
This review is from: Urantia Book (Paperback)
Spine-tingling revelation of truth that harmonizes science, philosophy and religion into a cosmology that hums with life and is at once recognizable on a deep level of truth. When finished with the read be prepared to Be like you've never been before! You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing, mind-expanding, revelation of truth!, 15 Feb 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Urantia Book (Hardcover)
Best religious book ever! Answered my questions about God, Jesus, religion, the universe, and life after death, plus much more. It's a beautiful, intense, and inspiring book which I've been reading and re-reading for 25 years.

The Urantia Book: Revealing the Mysteries of God, the Universe, World History, Jesus, and Ourselves
Used & New from: 11.60