4.0 out of 5 stars Flights Into the Night
What an absolutely brilliant read.Not one of those me me me me autobiographies but one that encompasses all that happened to those we owe so much to.
At time I felt I was with Leicester and others glad I wasn't.
Thanks to Anthony Leicester for taking the time to put his experiences in writing.
Published on 20 Nov 2004 by Catweazle

Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Flights Into the Night, 20 Nov 2004
Catweazle (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
At time I felt I was with Leicester and others glad I wasn't.

4.0 out of 5 stars A vivid recreation of Britain's air war in WWII., 27 Feb 2001
gordon.king@virgin.net (Godalming, Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
One helluva book. Fascnating and absorbing story of the tough WWII years, told by an RAF pilot of Lancasters and Dakotas who served at home, in North Africa, in India, in Europe. Tony Leicester was in the thick of it, and tells his story with humor and a fine feel for his men and his planes. Read it--and YOU ARE THERE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 27 Feb 2001
By A Customer
Yes, literally, I couldn't put Antony Leicester's book down once started. I too was RAF during WWII and deeply appreciate all he brings out about our experiences. Leicester puts in eloquent words exactly how I feel--and felt. Unbelievably accurate and true.

2.0 out of 5 stars I have read many memoirs on all sorts of different aspects of WW2 from spitfire pilots to U boat commanders and this was poor. T, 28 Oct 2014
This review is from: Flights into the Night: Reminiscences of a World War II RAF Wellington Pilot (Paperback)
Disappointing read... I have read many memoirs on all sorts of different aspects of WW2 from spitfire pilots to U boat commanders and this was poor. There is no real description of what it must have been like to fly bombers in the 1940's... the only real danger seems to have come from his or other people's flying.... you almost forget that he was actually in a war. Give it a miss and try something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars an insite, 22 Dec 2013
A great little book, It gave me an idea of what my father went through. He was posted to Jasohre, but got apprehended in Karowan by 70 Sqn. flying Wellington X's. where he did 2 tours, well worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surperb reading, 5 Feb 2014
I am a retired pilot, Airlines and military and reading this book is like being in the cockpit again. Super reading

Flights into the Night: Reminiscences of a World War II RAF Wellington Pilot