5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Published on 8 Nov 2004 by Michelle Carline

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly Interesting
a fairly interesting book. However, I found the information on rituals very elaborate. Not easy for the ordinary person to do - i.e. make things for the rituals etc.
Published on 8 Nov 2007 by Ms. S. Mclaren

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Nov 2004
Michelle Carline "~*Mickie *~" (Doncaster, South Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sacred Celebrations : A Sourcebook (Paperback)
I am a huge fan of Glennies books and she hasn't disappointed here at all! This is an excellent book both for beginners and the more experienced Pagan. And is most certainly perfect for Pagans with children. It gives you all the Solstices and Equinoxes with explanations of what they are about, history, folk lore as well as ideas on how to celebrate them. This includes ideas for the children.
Some friends of mine are expecting their first child and I am considering purchasing this as a Yule gift. I know invaluable mine has been for me and it's always a pleasure reading Glennies books.
I would also recommend this to anyone wishing too study paganism.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, 16 Jan 2002
This review is from: Sacred Celebrations : A Sourcebook (Paperback)
For years now I have been looking for an interesting and factual book on the Celtic year, that isn't published in America by Lewellyn. I've found it here. Gorgeous cover and attractive illustrations throughout, it is THE sourcebook for Sacred Celabrations (as the title suggests). As it is written and published in Britain by a British woman, I feel more of a connection to her words.
This book contains all the information you will ever need on each of the eight Celtic festivals, and loads more besides. There are recipes, craft activities and many, many suggestions to help you celebrate the turning of the wheel of the year.
This is a book for beginners and experienced practicioners and celebrants alike, and really is a joy to hold in your hands and read. I have not once regretted buying this book, I only regret that I didn't find it sooner!

5.0 out of 5 stars A life-changing, "great" little book!, 3 Mar 2007
Mrs. A. Kain "Adele" (Sale, Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sacred Celebrations : A Sourcebook (Paperback)
This book helps us understand the importance of feeling at one with the earth and its seasons, then it shows us how we might achieve that oneness, through celebration and appreciation of nature throughout the year. Glennie Kindred teaches in a highly readable and entertaining way, that there is something to celebrate all year round and this is a "must-read" especially for anyone with winter blues! The book, in its straightforward, unassuming way, gives lots of fun, practical ideas for celebrating the turning of the year and feeling an essential part of it. The yearly cycle with all its ancient festivals is outlined and related to the cycle of our own everyday lives. In this age of climate control in cars, central heating in houses and imported foods all year round, we are in danger of becoming divorced from the natural cycle of the seasons, which we, as human animals, need to feel in order to maintain our own physical and spiritual health. Glennie's book shows us a way back to where nature meant us to be. A great little book for people of all faiths or none. Read it and celebrate!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - Circle Round for non Americans, 21 Jan 2008
J. Brown "robjob3" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sacred Celebrations : A Sourcebook (Paperback)
Circle Round by Starhawk is a great book, but I find the American-ness a little irritating. This book is not a replacement for that, but it does a similar thing, goes through the pagan festivals, tells the stories behind then, explains why certain traditions exist and gives suggestions for different ways to celebrate. I keep this book by my bedside for continual reference - there is always something to celebrate approaching in the pagan calendar! I have recommended this to several friends and am now browsing for more Glennie Kindred books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Creative and Informative!, 23 April 2009
L. Bleach "Lauren" (Norwich England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sacred Celebrations : A Sourcebook (Paperback)
How well written and what lovely ideas! So many things to do and enjoy! I got my first copy years ago and have now bought copies as gifts for all my friends. I use it every year for each of the festivals and find something new and sometimes the same thing with a different slant, that I can do, create and enjoy. This is a book that would even be good for a young person who wanted to know about the Festivals for the first time in much the same way as it is good for someone like me who has been celebrating for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sacred Celebrations, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Sacred Celebrations : A Sourcebook (Paperback)
This book is wonderful. It is well written and very interesting. It covers the wheel of the year and would make a great addition for all pagans

5.0 out of 5 stars I treasure this book more than any other!, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Sacred Celebrations : A Sourcebook (Paperback)
I just love this book and it has been a true eye opener for me! Thank you so much, Glennie for writing this wonderful book!

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly enjoyable read, 15 Sep 2012
This review is from: Sacred Celebrations : A Sourcebook (Paperback)
you dont come across books like this very often. i really do enjoy reading glennie kindred books, this has been the most enjoyable experience. crafty projects, meditations and so much to keep me and friends happy for the festivals. there really is no reason to hesitate buying it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great source of information and hands-on creativity, 13 Aug 2011
This review is from: Sacred Celebrations : A Sourcebook (Paperback)
I bought this book because I wanted information about the Celtic Wheel of the Year, and was pleasantly surprised to get not only a great introduction to that, but also a book that gets my creative juices flowing and makes me want to go outdoors and experience the land at all seasons.
The beginning of the book explains the basics of the Wheel of the Year and the eight Celtic festivals, the five elements and their correspondences, the phases of the Moon, the Celtic Otherworld and Underworld, creating ceremony, etc. Then it goes on to a more in depth exploration of each of the eight festivals of the year which each gets four segments: Introduction, Underlying energy, Preparations, and Celebrations. You can do as many or as few of the suggested activities as you like, alone, in a group, or with children. Maybe just meditate on the keywords and soak up the mood of the season from them.
Additional info on herbs, trees, symbols, and traditions is added throughout the book as well as the authour's own illustrations.
It is a great book for beginners interested in Celtic and Earth-centrered celebrations as well as a trusty reference book for continued explorations. The format is handy, too, fits well in your hand or bag.
If you liked her booklet "The Earth's Cycle of Celebrations" and want a more fleshed-out and in depth version of it, this is the book to get.
It balances the spritual, the practical, the creative, and the informative in an easy-to-follow way. "The Old Ways" for the 21st century.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 29 May 2011
This review is from: Sacred Celebrations : A Sourcebook (Paperback)
I am currently on a path of discovery and this book was recommended by a friend who has several of Glennie's books - It's a great first book for me, I found it easy to follow, comprehensive and very informative and it's great for families with children, with lots of fun suggestions of things to do and make!

Sacred Celebrations : A Sourcebook
Sacred Celebrations : A Sourcebook by Glennie Kindred (Paperback - 11 Sep 2001)
Used & New from: 19.13