5.0 out of 5 stars Buying 'old' editions, 14 Sep 2011
the walking man (northern ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beekeeping Study Notes for the BBKA Examinations: Modules 1, 2, 3 & 4 v. 1 (Paperback)
I have used this book for study purposes, and have found it to be excellent and up to date...but then I have the 2007 edition..! I also notice from the publisher's web site that a further edition is planned. In short, an excellent book, but make sure you buy a recent edition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than expected., 28 Feb 2011
I was expecting a dry, cribsheet sort of book which would be useful for the examinations. This is a really enjoyable book, packed with information and interesting opinion and neccessary reading for all beekeepers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terse but very informative, 30 Sep 2005
Mr. S. Crook (Way out west) - See all my reviews
I started beekeeping a few years ago and was looking for books on the subject and was struggling to find anything that gave me hard facts not waffle and pointless pictures of bees on comb. I was beginning to think that I'd go mad if I saw many more pictures of bee beards.
This book and its companion volume deals in facts and nothing but. Its densely packed with a few (hand drawn) diagrams, but if you want to know about bee biology, mating, life cycle, management, hive behaviour, diseases (we all need a bit of a fright) and just about anything else related to keeping bees they are the business.
There's a little overlap between the two books, but nothing to make you regret buying the two. Of course, nothing makes up for practical experience but these books are a mine of information.
Start digging.