Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 6 April 2011
I wanted this book because my only cousin was shot down on his first op. with 9 sqn
This book is a mine of information about the R.A.F Bomber Command during 1943. Apart from details of ops. there are masses of info. regarding aircraft used & Groups & Sqn locations. It is the sort of book you can keep dipping in to. Probably more of a specialist book than easy reading but if you have an interest in this period of WW2, I can recommend it. One small negative, the previous owner had torn a page out!!! I would have been most disappointed if this was the page where the op. I was interested in was covered.
on 22 October 2015
It is many years since Mr Chorley assumed the huge task of producing the Command's post mortem and progressively I have all of the volumes he produced. Bomber Command acquired a ruthless leader in Sir Arthur Harris fully supported by Winston Churchill. 1943 was a terrible learning curve for the young flier. Unsatisfactory aircraft performance had to be established while operating in a period when the Gerrman nightfighter was gaining ascendency. Atrocious weather could be considered as an advantage for our air operations believing the opposition would be grounded. Aerial warfare history was being created and so many factors conspired to challenge the courage of the young flier; they were not found wanting!