Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 August 2006
Whether you are a collector or seller of Whitefriars Glass, this book is invaluable and essential. Not only does it have a glossary listing all the terms describing the specific applications at Whitefriars but the illustrations are exceptional and the reference to pattern numbers, dating, etc. very helpful. Not only does this book cover the sought after Whitefriars Glass such as the Banjo Vase, Cello Vase, Drunken Bricklayer, etc., but also their Glass dating back to 1830. My own copy is very worn through constant use!!
on 10 December 2000
This book is one of only two definitive works on Whitefriars Glass. It is essential for any collector. Concisely written with many photographs and illustrations. It is not a complete catalogue of Whitefriars but does contain details of many of the more popular designs especially those of Geoffrey Baxter along with much information about the manufacturing processes.
on 24 December 2010
Just received mine , and great book with all the info I need, Nothing on Ducks though, maybee not purist enough!!
Same problem as others though, the outer cover fell off binding as soon as opened ,
very disapointing,
A tip for others though, used an iron on spine, just run up and down,then leave to cool ,this sorted it , dont leave to long !!!
on 20 April 2012
After looking at other stores and ebay I bought my husband this book for Christmas from Amazon. I trusted Amazon as used it previously and great books. Plus this one was from 'amazons own store' cant go wrong I thought not shoddy dealer but amazon itself selling will be the best book I thought. The first one although stated new and was £25.00 had the cover falling off and excess bubbling white bulging glue attached where it had been tried to restick. I complained and asked for another quickly to still have it for Christmas and asked them to check the second one and to add the love message from me. They sent another bad book 23rd dec so too late change again. same condition with cover coming off 'without' my message and obviously not checked. It ruined Christmas as I had to give my hubby the first (as it had the message attached from me) and explainned the book was in fact new and Ill sort it out. Spoilt the moment really! I have photos I took but not sure how to attach. Finally got refund after them emailing me about the second book saying they'll charge me!!!automatically out my bank so that would of been two payments for two bad books!. I still had it as I was emailing them about it asking for them to resolve the issue. So not 100% happy with amazon. This book shouldnt of gone out or packed unnoticed. etc
on 7 October 2010
The contents of the book are ok -- but the quality of the materials used to bind it are poor -- my book fell apart after one month of use -- I have seen one other review stating the same problem -- pity.
on 17 December 2015
Great, useful book for all collectors.....problem is the same as for everyone else - the spine breaks day one! I appreciate this is a glorified exhibition catalogue but I would have thought that by now someone would have just had this republished as a proper bound book. Still useful though once it has been repaired with a bit of invisible book tape!
on 4 January 2010
I would recommend this book although the begining part of the book could have done with some more colour pictures.
on 21 July 2013
Bought as a gift for my daughter who is a collector of Period Glass and she
was over the moon with it as it is not the easiest of books to get hold of.
Very detailed she tells me with a lot of information previously unknown to her.
Well priced and fast delivery
on 10 November 2013
Absolutely brilliant, the history of the glass works and the people who worked there is fascinating. There are numerous illustrations, many high quality colour, of the products produced by the works throughout it's history. Highly recommended!
on 30 October 2009
I didn't actually get to read it , just turned over the pages & by the time I'd got to the end it had completely come away from the spine . I returned it & had a replacement , the same thing happened . so I had a refund .
Quite a lot of coloured pictures