5.0 out of 5 stars A to Z or Z to A of Cockney Slang words
This is a brilliant book but rather short. The author has mentioned why he wrote this little number in the preface part and it is fun with great illustrations and captions underneath for usage in a jokey way. For a very basic book on Cockney Slang and English translation words why not buy this book.
Published on 9 April 2005 by BryBo

3.0 out of 5 stars Rhyming Cockney Slang
Very entertaining little book which gives you an overview of the more commonly known cockney slang. Also gives you a taste for more and suggests title of full rhyming slang dictionary (which I am just about to purchase). Made entertaining reading for my 10 year old!!
Published on 1 July 2002

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A to Z or Z to A of Cockney Slang words, 9 April 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 17 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Rhyming Cockney Slang (Paperback)
Bought for my son as a novelty xmas gift was enjoyed by everyone. gave all the slang for each phrase and some variations would recommend to anyone

3.0 out of 5 stars Rhyming Cockney Slang, 1 July 2002
By A Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 22 May 2014
Mr. Marko Govorusa (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhyming Cockney Slang (Paperback)
It's a great gift for my sister-in-law, who think Dick Van Dyke's accent in 'Mary Poppins' is accurate... A great book to flip through every so often too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Butterfly, 23 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Rhyming Cockney Slang (Paperback)
A very amusing book, but serious at the same time. It is fun using the language of my ancestors to confuse my foreign friends. They think our version of some English words amusing, but the cockney delights everyone I meet and they want a copy for themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Rhyming Cockney Slang (Paperback)
Not a very extensive dictionary (and I don't think it was ever intended as such), more like a pocket-sized reference guide.
Much smaller size than I had expected but quite handy and well done. Has some sketches/pictures drawn which are nicely done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny., 6 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Rhyming Cockney Slang (Paperback)
My American friend loved this. It's a great novelty gift. The only downside is that the title peeves me - I've never heard it referred to as "Rhyming Cockney Slang", only the other way around, as "Cockney Rhyming Slang", but I suppose it doesn't matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cor blimey it's good!, 22 April 2012
This review is from: Rhyming Cockney Slang (Paperback)
This little book has been helpful with books and TV programmes (e.g.Minder) when I need a translation. A few words omitted but overall a handy book and fun to read! I am going to buy another copy as a gift for my son.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to read and understand, 17 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Rhyming Cockney Slang (Paperback)
Brought as Christmas present for my brother as he has recently moved to the cockney area I find it helpful when visiting him. I might have to buy another copy so I understand him.
Great book great quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Ellen, 31 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Rhyming Cockney Slang (Paperback)
A fun book which my friends across the pond enjoyed, never having heard of cockney slang, very entertaining without getting too deep into the history.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Rhyming Cockney Slang
Rhyming Cockney Slang by Jack Jones (Paperback - 1 Nov. 1971)