5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy
Published on 21 April 2012 by Christopher John O'Dwyer

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading and deeply mistaken in theology
First the only thing I could say about the book is that it's a good idea - compiling a collection of common prayers for us Catholics - but I wonder whether the author has ever properly read the catechism before he wrote this book.

Published on 19 Dec. 2012 by CZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 21 April 2012
This review is from: Pocket Book of Catholic Prayers (Pocket Book Series) (Paperback)
I am beyond happy with this product. The cover is lovely and the illustrations on the inside are lovely and link in with the Prayers. It is also has a lovely explanation of the Mass. I would highly recommend this book for anyone who is brushing up on some Prayers, is just curious about the Roman Catholic Faith or like myself discerning for the Sacrament of Holy Orders. FIVE STARS

4.0 out of 5 stars Use it everyday, 21 Jan. 2013
This little book is handy for carrying around but has a very wide range of prayers within it, some lovely prayers also

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-Have Catholic prayer book., 25 Jan. 2014
Fantastic variety of prayers and traditions.
It was great value for money , and delivered quickly too.
I will definitely recommend this to my friends at church.
Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug. 2014
Very useful pocket companion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Nov. 2014
I like this book it took ten months to get it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading and deeply mistaken in theology, 19 Dec. 2012

Christ is not 're-offered' during our Eucharist - it is 're-presented'. As it is clearly pointed out in CCC 1364 - 1366, the sacrifice Christ made on the cross was once and for all but is ever-present in our Eucharist. There should not be the confusion that Christ is somehow re-offered and that there is another sacrifice.

Please can I urge everyone to know your faith - to read the catechism and to listen to what the Church teaches. This is the main reason why people misunderstand the Catholic faith. I see too many Catholics and protestants alike who argue for nothing because neither knows what they are talking about. I once heard an argument on the position of Catholics on faith and work - when the Church in fact only teaches us that 'Our justification comes from the grace of God and that Grace is favor, the free and undeserved help that God gives us to respond to his call to become children of God, adoptive sons, partakers of the divine nature and of eternal life.' (CCC 1996). We are only saved through a living faith that is both a intellectual recognition of Christ as our saviour and the charitable work that comes from and strengthens our faith (faith infused with work). It is an active participation in the life of God and live in the image of His holiness (CCC 1997), but it is not a participation in His grace or His salvation for us because our salvation is undeserved (CCC 1996).

Coming back to the book - I now have returned it to Amazon and bought the Catechism of the Catholic Church, with the Daily Prayer Book (taken from the Divine Office). I find these much more useful.

Pocket Book of Catholic Prayers (Pocket Book Series)
Pocket Book of Catholic Prayers (Pocket Book Series) by Lawrence G Lovasik (Paperback - 1 Nov. 1997)
Used & New from: £4.99