5.0 out of 5 stars worth every penny
This man knows what he is talking about and explains exactly what the knee is all about and the things that can go wrong. His approach is Treat the knee by building up your muscles and he shows you how. It works. I have more movement now than for months, still improving and no longer wearing a brace.
Published on 4 Oct 2010 by D. Ambler

3.0 out of 5 stars This book could have been 4 pages
This book gave me some useful suggestions for strengthening my knee after a bout of tendonitis. However all the useful information is squeezed into 4 pages and the rest of the book just appears to be filler. Although some of it can be interesting if you are fascinated with how the human body works.
Published on 11 Oct 2011 by Technical

5.0 out of 5 stars worth every penny, 4 Oct 2010
D. Ambler (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treat Your Own Knees: Simple Exercises to Build Strength, Flexibility, Responsiveness and Endurance (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars straight to the point, 8 Nov 2009
This review is from: Treat Your Own Knees (Paperback)
Bought this for my mother-in-law who has problems with the knees. She is seeing progress and improvements after only a few weeks! It is written well and straight to the point, a good balance of information and advice as well as plain instructions. Motivating to see the gains so fast - and to understand why they happen! I think most titles in this series are of similar quality. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fix your knee injury, 1 Jun 2010
Mark Lidster (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Treat Your Own Knees (Paperback)
One day I was training and pretty dammed fit if I say so myself, the next my knee had collapsed, was excruciatingly painful and I was staring at the possibilty of nit being able to run again, WA! Having been a personal trainer I knew my ankle from my elbow, but I contacted a physio. At £90 an hour he then went on to tell me what I already knew (pretty much nothing without an MRI) and suggested I do some very basic exercises. For a furher £90 he said he would check my progress. Wow thanks I said and never went back. I then decided to do soem research and found this gem of a book. It took me less than half an hour to learn all I needed to know to get my knee back in working order without surgery. The author explains this in a simple and straight forward avoiding unnecesary jargon and verbage. Remember C. R. F. Cardio Resistance and Flexibilty. I will say no more else you won't read the book, which is excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars in the words of victor meldrew..........., 2 Jan 2008
Mr. M. D. Bailey "arrogantpom" (australia, formerly uk) - See all my reviews
'I dont b...... believe it!' Why didnt i find this book years ago?????!!!!. It is a small easy to read book which i skim read within an hour and the one simple exercise (non painful - you need a cushion to do it) and stretches immediately...yes immediately gave me some much needed respite from pain i have had in both knees for years. The author hit the nail on the head straight away by saying most people dont have the time to visit a therapist or just stop doing those things which tend to niggle an old injury. I have just started on a fitness regime and man do my knees give me some jip. But again the simple exercise and stretches helped relieve the pain within the hour.

What the hell, for a few pounds what can you lose, just buy it and try it. Hope it helps you as much as it helped me. Good luck

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Mar 2006
Great little book and more than worth the small price.
The book emphasises that this is good for by far, most knee problems (including arthritis - which I dont have as far as I know). My left knee, the bane of my hiking life, is much stronger and healthier feeling than it has for a long while and I still only am 4 weeks through the 8 week program.
The exercises are simple to do, take little time and need no specialist equipment (unless you call a pillow, specialist?).
I would suggest that you do the pillow-based exercise, before
you go to sleep, in bed, as Ive found it leaves my knee slightly sore for a few hours afterwards (by being in bed you omit this issue)! Plus the sleeping rests your leg thoroughly - which in itself is part of the fixing process.
I can now concentrate on walking several miles every weekend, without worrying about hobbling back.
Also a quick thanks to Amazon, as I wouldnt have purchased this book if I hadnt done a search on 'knees' and read the reviews. I would, therefore, still be suffering!

3.0 out of 5 stars This book could have been 4 pages, 11 Oct 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Working for me, 6 Sep 2009
R. Down (London) - See all my reviews
I was very sceptical after reading the book that it was going to make any difference at all.The advice is very simple and easy to carry out and far from time consuming.
Also upped my intake of Glucosamine .
My knees are the best they have been for ten years and I have been able to increase my running. I was advised just before I started that I needed a second operation on my knee.
For the low price and little effort required try this first!

5.0 out of 5 stars A revelation., 7 Jun 2009
M. Carter (UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased a copy of this book on the strength of the customer reviews here, and I have to say that after a couple of months I am in agreement with the general sentiment here.

I have had pain in my right knee for several years, a problem that seemed to manifest itself when I began to run several times a week. It would come and go, but recently it has become more persistent. I'm 33 and put this down to the aging process, but was ready to give this book a try to see if it would make a difference.

I think the biggest revelation for me is the concept of "proprioception", something that I'd never heard about before. It's basically about how your brain communicates, via your nervous system, with the various parts of your body - including your knee - and tells them how to function correctly.

I combined the proprioception exercises with the quad strengthening regime. I tried to approach the book with an open mind, but I had to deal with my own ego when it came to muscle strengthening. I have been weight training for years, and my legs are probably my strongest body part. I can squat pretty heavy weights for my size, so I was quite skeptical when the book attributed weakness in the quad muscles as a contributing factor to knee pain.

Anyway, I cast my prejudices (and arrogance) aside and decided to go ahead with the exercises. I was immediately taken with how quickly I noticed the effects. Within days, the pain in my knee had been reduced considerably.

I didn't want to get too excited too quickly - there could have been other reasons for the lack of pain - but sure enough, I'm now writing after a couple of months have gone by and my knee is still holding up. Obviously, physiotherapy of any kind is no substitute for treatment, but I'm certain that following the guidelines laid out in this book has improved the health of my knee.

I feel much fitter and eager to do the rigorous training that I used to do, and no longer have to worry about my knee playing up. I may or may not need surgery on my knee in the future, but for the time being I am very happy with the results brought on by this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential knowledge for knee pain, 28 Oct 2008
I needed an arthroscopy on my right knee (to repair a torn MCL). My knee had been hurting for many years but I finally got round to surgery.

When you get an injury to a knee, your body tends to overcompensate on the other leg which in turn caused me pain in the left knee. I have used the knowledge from this book to successfully decrease the recovery period from the operation and to remove the pain from my good knee.

It is quite short and easy to read and the information is backed up using studies and other facts.

A word of warning though - I did originally buy the book to deal with my torn MCL (before the tear was diagnosed). The advice in this book would NOT have cured the knee (but may have reduced the pain). So it is imperative that the diagnosis of the pain is done by a professional if you are getting persistent pain having tried the advice in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kneed this book, 31 Jan 2011
This review is from: Treat Your Own Knees (Paperback)
This book is really good a bit heavy on the anatomy side but it is necessary to understand how and why they work. After 2 weeks twice aday I am visibly quick going upstairs. I had to stop exercising for a while and the weakness came back. So I've started again.