5.0 out of 5 stars This book is outstanding!!!
Published on 21 April 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself six quid: "dont eat sugar!"
This is basically all the book says, it gives you many reasons why, but it boils down to that fact! Not very realistic and not something that should take a whole book to come to the conclusion of.

Published on 10 Oct 2007 by Loopy Lou

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is outstanding!!!, 21 April 1999
By A Customer
I recommend this book especially to anyone who has a degenerative disease, such as arthritis, osteoporsis, cancer, etc. If you want to avoid these diseases, you should read this book! I have fibromyalgia. After eliminating sugar, I feel much better. I no longer need to take drugs for energy (such as steroids) and pain relief. This book gives you a list of things you can eat (it's a long list) as well as what you should avoid. It has changed the way I shop for food.

5.0 out of 5 stars sugar and its terrible effects on the body, 4 Jan 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Lick The Sugar Habit: How to Break Your Sugar Addiction Naturally (Paperback)
I read this book about 1 year ago, and since then I have made major changes in my diet, following many of the suggestions in the book. It is amazing what a difference sugar makes in your health and energy level. I used to have at least 2 and sometimes 7 hypoglycemic attacks a week. I now haven't had one in over 10 months! If you have a sugar addiction, hypoglycemia, or diabetes I suggest this book highly!!! Even if you just want to improve your immune system and not get sick as much, this book is for you. I have been striving for better health since I was 6 months pregnant, and this was one of a few integral books in my success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic information on how sugar affects your life., 11 April 1998
By A Customer
I've read hundreds of books on nutrition. This book is among the best of them. Anyone who wants to get a grip on their physical, emotional, and mental performance would do well to read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful honest and factual book, 9 April 2002
By A Customer
This book highlights one of the major problems we have in our modern eating habits. Cutting out Refined sugars is realistic it just means being a bit self disciplined. We only have one body after all. Yes take a holistic view of health and the environment and look at the most harmful components which make up the problems.
Refined sugar is the main dietary problem we have. Fact - Eat an unrefined unprocessed varied diet and you will be far healthier.
Want to take a holistic view start to deal with reality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating insight into why I can't stop eating chocolate!, 23 May 1998
By A Customer
I am a chocoholic. Since I was in my 20s, I steadily gained weight, and after my second child was born, I no longer had any kind of equilibrium at all. Of late, other unpleasant symptoms such as gas and increasing hypoglycemic-like symptoms were troubling me, in addition to being nearly obese. My brother died last year of a heart attack at age 42, and that coupled with my own increasing cholesterol levels induced me to search for help. My doctor recommended "Mastering the Zone" but my bookstore didn't have it, so I picked up this book. Long curious about the truth of chocoholism and the effects of sugar on health, I snatched it up. I have greatly reduced the amount of sugar in my diet, and after a week, still feel kind of "loopy", but I hope in another week my energy will pick up. I think this was the boost I needed to improve my eating habits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascanating and Convincing, 16 Jan 2006
Lick the Sugar Habit is a great book beacuse it explains in a very simple way how damaging sugar is to our body. The Author demonstrates how eating sugar is like feeling your car with water instead of gasoline, so dont expect it to work!
I found the book very easy to read, very informative and very convincing that I managed to cut out sugar from my diet for the last six months and enjoy the benefits.
I would recommend this book to any one and mostly to parents who can influence thier kids at early stages of thier lives to develop healthy habits. Highly Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars sugar habit, 28 Dec 2013
I enjoyed reading this book its quite surprising just how much damage those little sweet things can do to you

1.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself six quid: "dont eat sugar!", 10 Oct 2007

So save yourself the money and if you have the willpower to cut out sugar (I have the utmost respect for you if you can by the way!) then just do it, and if not find something more forgiving.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS BOOK !!!!!!, 27 Nov 2012
I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN A REVIEW BEFORE,BUT HAVING EAGERLY OPENED THIS BOOK WITH THE HOPES OF IMPROVING MY HEALTH, I WAS EXREMELY DISSAPOINTED TO DISCOVER THAT IT WAS UTTERLY RUBBISH.

THE AUTHOR POINTS OUT SEVERL THEORIES ABOUT HOW OR ENDOCRINE SYSTEM IS A FINELY BALANCED SYSTEM THAT CAN BE UPSET BY THE CONSUMPTION OF SUGAR,WHICH IS TRUE, BUT THEN MEANDERS THROUGH SEVERAL OTHER STRANGE AND UNQUALIFIED CONCLUSIONS ABOUT ALLERIES,POLLUTION,GAS LEAKS,BREAST MILK,A LADY IN JAPAN AND A LARGE CALCIUM DEPOSIT SHE HAD IN HER CHEST AS A CHILD.

ALL OF THIS MAKES FOR A VERY DISSJOINTED, STRANGE READ.

MY ADVISE IS NOT TO BOTHER WITH THIS BOOK,AND TO BUY PURE,WHITE AND DEADLY INSTEAD, YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY WOULD BE MUCH BETTER SPENT.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very realistic., 14 July 1999
By A Customer
Nancy Appleton's book begins by saying that it is unrealistic to single one food out as the root of all of society's health problems. However, this is exactly what she does. I do not argue that sugar is unhealthy and that people should cut back or even abstain if they can, but Dr. Appleton, in her concentration on sugar as the root of all evil, ignores other factors that also cause health problems (e.g. environmental pollution) and completely dismisses her previous claim that one food should not be singled out. The problem with singling out one substance is that it not only places unrealistic restrictions on people but also causes them to ignore other problems that are also dangerous to health. Appleton blames sugar for mutations in children, for example. However, we've also seen reports of late regarding mutations in wildlife in certain areas. The culprit? Probably not sugar. Frogs probably don't eat too many lollipops. I think a more likely suspect is pollution. My point is not about the dietary habits of frogs or that sugar is good for us. My point is that we should be more realistic and view the world more wholistically, rather than zoom in so closely that the rest of the world - and its problems - becomes blurred and unimportant.

Lick The Sugar Habit: How to Break Your Sugar Addiction Naturally