on 23 July 1998
Ann Wigmore gives a thorough analysis of the incredible powers of wheatgrass and how it can improve your health. I must say this book changed my life: wheatgrass juice will improve your health, boost immunity, aid in weight loss, and more. I even feed it to my parrots, and they are ten times healthier now--I haven't lost a single baby bird since I started feeding the parents wheatgrass. This inexpensive of book will save you oodles of money--far fewer medical bills!
0Comment57 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2010
This book is never far from my side and I refer to it all the time. It contains a wealth of information on Wheatgrass and everyone can take advantage of the information. The book is easy to read and the instruction clear and concise and easy to follow. I love this book and I must say it has changed my life. I am a complete convert to growing wheatgrass.
on 19 September 1997
The book is easy to read, gives explanations of how to juice the wheatgrass, as well as how often to take it. How to fast on grass juice is also covered. I recommend it to people who want to learn how to live a long healthy life and not rely on Medicare and the government for health care.
0Comment52 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 October 2006
If you have an interest in health this is a great book to read. Wheatgrass has a long history of curing all kinds of ill health and this book provides not only the data to support the health benefits, but also shows you how to prepare your own fresh wheatgrass. I take wheatgrass every day now and can really feel the benefit, either fresh or freeze dried from [...]
0Comment24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 November 2011
Ann Wigmore says it all in this book. It is simple, to the point, and has precise directions for people on how to use wheatgrass to improve your health. I have owned this myself for over three years, and I still find myself picking it up again and again. It is a very positive practical book, and I am sure it has had a huge impact on the lives of many, many people around the world - me included.
on 7 June 2010
Highly recommend this book! Despite being published in 1985, it doesn't appear out-dated as most of the knowledge and advise about Wheatgrass, our health & lifestyle are relevant to today! Very informative! I am a fan of Ann Wigmore thanks to this book, and gutted she died in a fire accident in 1994 (unsure of exact year). I believe she would have lived beyond 100!! I really like her philosophies! I am not vegan or eat a 100% raw diet, but I do eat well (organic) and can easily incorporate her dietary recommendations! I have been consuming freeze-dried organic wheatgrass juice for the past 2 months and there is a definite improvement to certain health problems I had been having for a few years! It's worth checking out this book!
on 4 August 2011
This is a good book for anyone wanting to know how to grow their own Wheatgrass. It also gives guidelines on what equipment you need to juice the wheatgrass too. For those of you who have heard of Edgar Cayce then he recommended it and I also was told it would be beneficial for my own health. I actually buy my wheatgrass ready frozen in 1 oz pots but obviously it would be much better to grow it and juice it fresh. Definitely worth buying.
on 10 July 2013
So glad to have come into contact with the book and the grass itself. I love it but my wife hates it!! Ahh well.
on 5 July 2014
Ann Wigmore's book is quite old now, but still a definitive work. Let's face it wheat doesn't change a lot. It's full of useful info in an easy writing style, with some recipes and practical guidelines to growing and using wheatgrass. Thoroughly recommend.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2013
An essential companion for a healthy lifestyle. This book clearly illustrates how to grow your own very nutritious wheatgrass which has an abundance of medicinal properties. It also tells you a bit about the author.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse