5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best cookbook I own..., 9 Feb 1998
By A Customer
I am an avid cook--taking many classes and owning about 80 well used cookbooks on numerous subjects, but I have to say that this is the book I turn to when I am trying to find something good to make. My tastes match nicely to the author and I find that everything I make turns out nicely. If I could rate it above a 10 I would.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, faulty paperback, 11 Jan 1998
By A Customer
If the quality of the paperback construction could equal the contents of the book, this would be a great addition to any food lovers collection. I don't know anyone who uses the paperback version who hasn't found it in tatters after minimal use. Could this be a fault, or a plan to get us all back to the hardcover?

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to have it in hardcover!, 30 Aug 1997
By A Customer
My paperback copy of this cookbook is so well worn that it is falling apart, so I am replacing it with a hardcover version! The recipes are fresh and use many of the ingredients Mom didn't have available when I was growing up. Try the pineapple salsa over fish--just the right amount of zing! Or Florence Fabricant's grilled cumin shrimp: although listed as an appetizer, it's great as a main course.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just a cookbook, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: The New Basics Cook Book (Paperback)
Full of amazing recipes and suggestions. I also have the Silver Palete cookbook by same authors, and can honestly say I've followed many of their recipes with great success. Delicious!

5.0 out of 5 stars More Than Basic, 22 Aug 2013
This review is from: The New Basics Cook Book (Paperback)
A really great cook book packed with recipes. Well written and uncomplicated but different from the usual run-of-the-mill 'basic' cook books. I have hundreds of cookery books and this is now one of my favourites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: The New Basics Cook Book (Paperback)
Bought this for a family well used and loved. All recipes have been tried out on me, mind you the new chef has prooved a good cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars A collectors book, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: The New Basics Cook Book (Paperback)
If you love "silver Palatte" then you will want and love this. It contains the famouse Brisket recipe and the price is worth it for that one recipe alone! A classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Dec 2010
This review is from: The New Basics Cook Book (Paperback)
A classic. I have had this cookbook for years but finally needed to replace it as I'd used it so much it was in two pieces.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST-HAVE!!, 25 Nov 1998
By A Customer
I have already destroyed a soft cover copy of this book...it has been taped until it can no longer be put back together. This is why I am SO happy to find a hardcover copy. Thank you, Amazon.com!

The New Basics Cook Book
The New Basics Cook Book by Sheila Lukins (Paperback - 26 Aug 1994)
12.00