5.0 out of 5 stars Mouthwatering
A word of warning - if you like Ben and Jerry's ice cream, you'll find they taste even better when you make them yourself!
I've owned this book for a few years now, and it is definitely my favourite ice cream book. Even simple vanilla ice cream is amazing. It's fun and interesting and makes ice cream making seem really easy (and it is!)
Yes it is all in american...
Published on 6 Mar 2005 by J. Ricketts

3.0 out of 5 stars I like ice cream
This book is OK but there are better books relating to ice cream on the market, you are paying for the name and not the content
Published 13 months ago by Twingo69

1.0 out of 5 stars NOTHING EXCITING - OVER STATED REVIEWS..!, 20 Oct 2011
O Kurtay "KURTAY" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book (Paperback)
I got this book with my ice cream machine to see if there is anything special there but I found the book is more like a kids early learning type of book.

Lots of colourful illustrations but lacking good recipes which I was seeking from Ben & Jerry's.

I cannot be bothered to return, it has been over stated by the reviews.

There is not enough selection of recipes and you can find these over the internet..!

Don't waste your money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 July 2014
excellent, easy to follow recipes laced with anecdote

5.0 out of 5 stars Ice-cream lover's bible., 15 Jun 2012
Miss J. Simpson "oohivy" (Moray, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
Simple to follow inventive recipes. Just what I'd expect from my favourite ice-cream makers. The first recipe I tried was for Butter Pecan, it could quite possibly be the nicest ice-cream I've ever tasted but I'll not be too hasty there's loads of others to try.

The book is very easy to use, choose your base recipe and just add a few bits and bobs to make different varieties. The base recipes don't need cooking so you can have ice-cream in as little as 20 mins. With sections for chocolate, fruit, specials, favourites, cookies, candies, sorbets, bakery, sundaes, sauces and drinks this book has plenty on offer. Can't wait for summer to arrive to have the perfect excuse to eat more ice-cream.

Thanks Ben & Jerry.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice as a present for someone else, 12 Dec 2010
The booklet has a very happy appearance, nice colourfull drawings. The recipes are nice, but not outstanding. I would not buy this for myself, but I found it very nice as a gift to someone else.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely but American, 19 Nov 2010
J. E. Wells "tollesbury jane" (tollesbury essex) - See all my reviews
An interesting book but beware if you're a brit there will be some things you won't get cos it's all 'in american' cups and odd ingredients for example.

5.0 out of 5 stars good present, 22 May 2009
This was bought in conjunction with an ice-cream maker and has brought good ideas, suggestions and pleasure to the recipient.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Aug 2014
Miss Chloie Brown "barbieb3000" (NOTTINGHAM, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
bought for a present for a friend, friend loves it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Aug 2014
Just so easy to make and fast great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware the Hype!, 26 April 2009
Abdulla M. Al Qasim (Bahrain) - See all my reviews
I bought this book mainly because of the many five star reviews by so many customers, however, I have to admit I don't see what all the hype was about! I was a bit disappointed.

Firstly, there aren't that many recipes in the book as I thought there would be, having said that, some of the basic ice cream flavours have not been included in the book and some really weird ones have. The one thing that I think redeems the book is the butterscotch recipe and the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream recipe!

The thing that annoyed me the most was that the images in the book look like something out of a pre-schoolers book or as if they were intended for someone who is completely retarded!! It feels a bit demeaning! I appreciate the possibility that the authors were trying to make something fun for both children and adults, but someone messed up really bad!

I bought this book with The Ultimate Ice Cream Book by Bruce Weinstein, and I have to say that buying the two together was the right thing to do, they really complement each other well! The number of flavours in Weinstein's book is so vast that you will definitely find what you are looking for (ice creams, sorbets, sauces and the whole lot!) and B&J's book has some interesting and unique ideas.

Don't bee fooled like I was, by the number of raving customers, the book isn't bad but not great despite what the many customers would have you think. If you're thinking of buying just one ice cream book go for Weinstein's book and you won't regret it! But if you don't mind buying the two then why not?

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 1 Jun 2012
Mrs. Maureen Mcdonnell (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
Nearly all the recipes include the use of raw eggs. I don't like to use these in foods I give to children.

Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book
Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book by Jerry Greenfield (Paperback - 28 Oct 1994)
5.59